Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Monday, December 12, 2011

Home-made Creations For The God Of All Creation!

Had a memory today… Years ago, I was a children’s church teacher and I put together a Christmas Eve service with all the kids. A birthday party theme. I was worried that thinking out of the box might be too much, but after the kids presented their home-made presents for Him? Well, they had us all wrapped around their lil’ fingers…and hearts! It was my fave Christmas ever. We made a huge cake, too!  I had asked the kids to pick songs and make gifts that they would think He would want, knowing full-well that He would love anything from the children. Just like the congregation did!  The Birthday Party For Jesus service was def on stage, but judging by the congregation?  The party was def in their hearts that night, also. It was a wonderful time. Several of the gifts that were made, I still have because the kids insisted I keep them. One was a wood plaque with Luke 2 on it and Happy Birthday carved on it and painted with red puff-paint lettering.  I still put it out to this day.  The lil' girl that made it with her dad said it was a wooden card for Him so it would last a long time and so we would always remember!  That night?  Carved in my heart.  Thank You, God, for the memory.     Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment