Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Monday, December 12, 2011

She'll Be Comin' 'Round The Mountain

This morning, I went out early and opened the garage door to start the wash.  I have one of those inside steam vent systems for our dryer, so lint doesn’t accumulate outside onto our AC.  But, that’s another story.  So, anyway, I always lift the door because of that and because of another reason. Them.  I went back out a bit later and I was startled as I saw about 8 kids inside, but close to the edge where I could see the rain coming down. I recovered, smiled, and said good morning. I thought for a minute I was still half asleep or daydreaming and stepped back in time.  But, then I remembered that when it rains or is cold all the kids at my girl’s bus stop in front of our house, come up in the garage and stand to get out of the elements.  A place where they're welcome.  I try to check the weather early before they all get to bus stop to have it ready for them. See, when I was a lil’ girl and lived in the mountains, our neighbor down at the bottom of our huge hill, well, they had a most beautiful farm. It was so neat and everything painted white.  With corn and rasberries and all kinds of gorgeous colors.  And they had this lil’ separate garage and, well, yes, you guessed it.  They, umm…Mr. and Mrs. Seavers…used to get up and make sure it was open for us every morning to stand in and be out of the weather.  A safe place where we were welcome, thank  you!  We lived in the Pennsylvania mountains and it could be a bit nippy and snowy.  They showed kindness to us mountain kids and I want to show a mountain of kindness to our neighborhood kids.  What goes around the mountain…comes around the mountain!  PIMP LOL.  So, be kind.  Oh!  And, I didn’t know much about God then, but I suspect they did.  And, I suspect I will see them again one day.  Thank you, Seavers, for showing love. Their quiet kindness spoke volumes about God, as I would later learn.  They sowed seeds, and not just the kind that grow corn!  Sowing seeds can grow you an ear or two...  So, to hear God's heart.  And the heart of others.  Hear Him today.  Oh!  And, the photo?  Our house many years ago.  The farm was down to the bottom.  Way down...  Thank you, God, for this memory.    One more thing?  I also named my beloved cat that lived at our River House after Mr. Seavers for his quiet kindness!    Have a fun day.  See you around the mountain!    She'll be comin' 'round the mountain!  Right?  Cuz what goes around the mountain comes around the mountain.    Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment