Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Mad-as-sin or Medicine?


“Mad-as-sin or Medicine?” A few years back I was on medicine to “keep me alive” after they saved my life and removed most of my stomach and other parts. Only thing was? I wasn’t really alive anymore. I felt like the medicine was more like mad-as-sin, for me. It was making me mad in the mind which made me mad as sin. What was keeping my body alive was making me feel dead. I couldn’t feel pain or fear, but I couldn’t feel God either. So, I quit. Docs weren’t happy, but I had to. I wasn’t happy on them. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen and I went thru horrible withdrawals for months and years of fighting, but what happened? Happy happened. Eventually. Slowly. Life starting coursing through my veins again. Instead of cussing through. It’s taken a long time to learn how to live without important parts of my body (still in that process), and even longer without drugs. But, I am so much more alive. I feel pain and I have hard times. But, thankful to know. Those times were tough and lonely, but God never abandoned me. So, yep. There’s a fine line. Between mad-as-sin or medicine. And, I know that lots of folks have to take it. But, for me? There was a fine line. And, it took God’s wisdom to know the diff between mad-as-sin and medicine. I’ve had to learn other ways of natural meds like foods and music and rest and prayer and laughter. I might still be mad in the head but I’m not mad in the heart. The photograph? Us doing medicine. Signed, She’s Mad As A Hatter & Never Gladder

No comments:

Post a Comment