Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Flashing Back At My Far Out Life, So Far! In A Flash!

As I was remembering back on this day 9/11 and a friend's passing, I was at both places in a flash and then I was reminded of personal events that flashed through my mind. That take me back in a flash. So, here we go... I have been in the driver's seat of the Space Shuttle Columbia, a monster truck, a 750 Virago Motorcycle AND a 455 Trans-Am. One was sitting still, one was going 25 mph, one was going 55 AND one 125. I learned to ride a tricycle AND I learned how to ride a motorcycle. I went to the races every week and watched them go round and round, AND I raced my Camaro around every day. I learned to be a pool shark AND I swam in a pool and an ocean with sharks. I have been in a Mexican Jail when I was young, AND I have been in the oldest American Jail In St. Augustine. I have been in the big house and I have a place in God's Big House. I have gracefully received a Silver Snoopy AND I had a black pet pig named Grace. I lived in a 105 year old country house AND a brand new apartment #1 in the city. I have built kingly snowmen AND I have built snowy sand castles. I have lived alone AND I have lived with others. I have been single 20 some years AND I have been married 20 and then some years. I have taught Children's church AND been churched by children. I have been a church Treasurer AND I have treasured God's church. It's no secret I have performed concerts and sang with my daughter, AND I have been to many concerts and secretly sang along. I have sang lead AND I have sang backup. I have sang on the spur of the moment AND I have been spurred along to prepare. I have saved a baby's precious life AND I have felt like a baby needing precious saving. I have visited in the hospital AND I have been visited. I have been hit by a drunk driver totaling my Camaro because of a drunk's bad driving, AND I have been in a plane that did a crash landing in a snow bank because of totally bad weather. I have sang on stage before a "live" audience AND in prisons before a captive audience. I have overcome drugs and alcohol in my life, AND I have been overcome by a rare disease that took my stomach and almost took my life. I lost a stomach, found guts. I have sewn shredded clothes AND I have shredded on guitar, sew-sew. I have been in a scary flood in Pennsylvania and saw bodies pass us by, AND I have been in the eye of a scary hurricane in Florida when the eye passed over us. I have been a healthy strong gymnast machine AND I have been on machines to keep me alive. I have won a school spelling bee against head teachers AND I have been stung by bees that swelled my hands the size of my head. I have been on TV in a crocheted bikini AND on the radio in a well knit band. I have held my baby in her first moments AND I have let go so she could make her own moments. I have been lost AND I have been found. I have felt the pain of broken bones AND I have felt the joy of mended hearts. I have been on the Gettysburg Battlefields in new boots and I am still wearing out these, now old, boots on life's battlefields. Making new flash backs. Signed, She Doesn't Bat A Lash When She Shares Her Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment