Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hold Your Horses! Hold Your Tongue! So The Cat Don't Got It!



So, I haven’t been writing too many blogs lately.  Been holding my tongue or maybe…a cat got my tongue!  PIMP LOL.   I thought I’d write a few words of hope and humor today to get back to blogging.  So, I was thinking…  I’d rather hold my tongue than hold my breath and gasp after saying too much!  I know, right?  We’ve all done it.  And even while we’re speaking, we are telling ourselves, “Hold on!  I really do wish a cat had got my tongue this time!” Right? PIMP LOL. My favorite theory of the origin of that?  Is in the following...  Because?  A cat has not got my tongue!  And, I’m not giving you any lip, either!  Just a mouthful!  So smile, read on and have a fun day! Cat got your tongue origins:  From the English sailing-ship days, and refers to the cat-o'-nine-tails (a rope whip with nine knotted cords). If the captain or other officer told a sailor something in secrecy, the sailor would "get the cat" if he told anyone what had been said. If others wanted to know what had been said, they would ask, "Tell us, or has the cat got your tongue?" (Tell us, or are you afraid you'll be punished for telling?) The fear of a whipping with a cat-o-nine tail for short, could paralyze a victim into silence.  Whoa!  Now, that’s a mouthful!  What?  I didn't say anything!  My lips are sealed!   So, tell me your theory on the origin of this saying. Or a new saying origin!  And, stop by some of my others articles and rooms here.  Love to hear from you.  Don’t hold your tongue!  And, go ahead and give me some lip.  Oh, and click on the photos for what?  The bigger picture, of course!  Ok, hold on here!  And, I mean, hold your horses, not your tongue!  Got one more saying about holding...your tongue?  Sometimes we do need to speak, so when we do?  You know that saying "Speak, but forever hold your peace"?  Well, I say "Speak sometimes!  but, when you do? Forever...hold your peaceful tongue!  So, no one gets a piece of your tongue!  PIMP LOL.  Trace

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking down my picture. But if you would like to use it or any others, please notify me or give me credit. Please and Thank You! :D

    ReplyDelete