Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Monday, December 13, 2010

Giving Myself The Boot!

My boots?  They’ve been all over…from The Gettysburg Battlefields to Life’s Battlefields. Anybody walk a mile there? A swift kick is my reminder to encourage…to keep fighting. We all think…”You try to walk a mile in my boots”.  But, really? We all have those miles & the thing is? Would we walk a mile with someone…like He does? If you give someone the boot? Let it be a swift kick that lifts up! 

And my boots?  Tough as leather, like me! And I have to be polished once in a while like my boots…if I want to shine…and last.  Be preserved and resistant to all the stains.  My boots have a soul underneath all that toughness, too…and some strings attached…that get a little knotted up sometimes.  The thing is?  Sometimes it’s lonely even if we aren’t alone.  So, walk a mile with me…I’ll walk with you.  Trace

1 comment:

  1. Just a small note? The day I got my boots I always wear and speak of? I was in Pennsylvania and the Gettysburg Battlefields were my first few steps in them... What a way to start...how could I ever wear anything else? Trace

    ReplyDelete