Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Friday, May 6, 2011

Stylin', Stealin' And Bacon Bouquets! Rap It up!


Stylin’ or stealin’ or both?. What's my style? Well, see if this says it: A guy came up to me on stage one night and he said, “I love your style...you bring the whole closet, thrift shop and a few garage sales with you”. But, you carry it all so cool. I know, right? It hangs on me with no hangers!  What was my outfit? Patched jeans, a crocheted hat, boots, antique brown top, a jean jacket with my feelin’s on the sleeves right above the fingerless gloves. And, I am being frank with you. Cuz, quite frankly? I’m tired of being Trace. PIMP LOL. Just kidding. It’s the only thing I’m good at. Right? Be yourself! You’re the best at it. Be unique! Cuz quite frankly? Frank’s got frank covered. And, he’s a hot dog at it! Have a fun time being yourself. Be a hot dog…and, be frank about it, too! So, back to the style and steal thing… So, I don’t know about my outfits being a style, but a steal? Yep! Some things have been a steal from shops, garage sales, and even my closet and walls (I use scarfs, hats, etc., to decorate the house). And, others? Were gifts from those that steal my heart. I am like a kid when I get a gift. Any little thing makes me light up. And, I am thankful for any gift. And, since it’s coming up on Mother’s Day, I was thinking of gifts I had gotten for Mother’s Day and the first Mother’s Day I had my girl, Garnet Rose. She hadn’t been born yet, but she was 6 months along in the photo. What a gift. She was a miracle…as I was told I would never carry a child. Another gift? Was from my step-son, Nathan. It was a beautiful lacy heart I still have. Meant the world to me and still does. I have many homemade gifts that my daughter made me all over the house. One is in the kitchen. A kindergarten-made recipe holder. It is gorgeous. So, what have you gotten or given that stands out? Tell me in a comment or email me. Oh, and speaking of gifts? The Greatest Gift? Was from God! He stole my heart. So, whether you are stylin’ or stealin’ someone’s heart by giving them gifts of love, wear it well! And, as always, click on the photos for…ummm…the bigger picture? Yep! Have a wonderful weekend remembering moms. Oh, one more thing. This other photo? Is a Bacon Bouquet Wish it had been my idea. Sounds like me, but it is so cool. A Bacon Bouquet! It's Mother's Day coming up, so all you Dad’s? You can really bring home the bacon this Mother’s Day! Make, or buy, your woman this sizzling Mother’s Day gift! Takes care of the flowers AND breakfast in bed...in one Bacon Bouquet! Just bring her the Bacon Bouquet before she gets up and voila! I say, “Wrap it up...or around...I'll take it!” I just bet that guys are gonna be wanting bouquets this year for Father's Day, too, am I right? PIMP LOL. NO need for giving the Maple Syrup candle or perfume? Just buy the Maple Syrup itself and give it to mom to dip the bacon in it. Then, you smell good like perfume, the room smells good like a candle and the bacon tastes even better. And, there you have it. Perfume, breakfast in bed, flowers…all in one. I am sure we could spray that decorative icing coloring on them to tint them for the ladies. And for the men? We could use beef jerky, too. For kids? We could use those fruit roll-ups, right? Have a fun weekend, everyone. Oh, and I did think of this idea…but, I was waiting for pigs to fly first. I know, right? Oh, and the picture of the pretty lady in red and the sweet girl in the hat?  Why, my mom and my baby!  And, now, just a little added bonus? Thought I would throw in a little flippant rap I wrote today about…well, peace in the midst of storms. You’ll have to rap it out and see. Thought you guys could rap it out to all the moms for Mother’s Day. Mom’s like anything.

A FLIP-ent rap:

So you want things con-GRU-ent?
Then, you can’t be FLU-ent
IN your ambi-GU-ent!
So don’t let your day be RU-ent
If you don’t have a CLU-ent.
Just ask God to help you THRU-ent
And some peace will ac-CRU-ent.

You HIP-ent to the flippant FLIP-ent rap?

Have a fun weekend! I’m ship’ent out!         Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment