Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Monday, May 23, 2011

Be A Beast At Everything You Do! Roar! NO LION! Excel At Honesty And Honesty Will Be Seen In The Things You Excel At! Be A Star And Be Glow-y-ous! Shine For His Glow-y!

During our Mother’s Day Movie Marathon a few weeks ago, my daughter was diligently working on her history homework, which we all enjoyed because we’re all kind of history buffs.  Or, some kind of buffs, anyways.  I mean, we do get rubbed the wrong way sometimes.  PIMP LOL.  Anyway, I was so glad she was honest about having to study instead of just blowing off the test.  So, turns out?  She got a 150 out of a possible 100 on the history homework.  She didn’t hear Mr. Susin say that they didn’t have to do the essay questions.  This is one time when not paying attention?  Pays off.  She hit pay dirt and got the top grade in the class. Teacher said she was a history beast!  Roar!  Now, she is starting to remember how much fun learning and getting A’s is again.  Isn’t it amazing what a little encouragement and prayer does?  Right?  As parents, we all pray for our kids to excel.  And, we need to encourage and give them an example to live by.  Me?  I was a kooky kid...kind of a grown-up kid.  Now, I'm a kid grown-up, right?  So, anyways, I always loved school.  I love learning.  I love excellence.  I say “be a beast at everything you do”!  Roar!  Now, you can bet you will get roared at in two different ways when you succeed and excel.  Right?  You know what I’m talkin’ ‘bout.  Sometimes, you may get roared at for doing well, but keep doing it.  Sometimes, you get a good roar from those around you that want to excel and roar with you.  My daughter said that a few kids were ticked because she threw the grade curve.  Others were thrilled with her.  I remember those days of getting bad looks from throwing the grade curve.  I was always very shy in school…very introverted!  Yes!  Believe that!  I wouldn’t even tell anyone I wanted to sing.  I couldn’t look up at the teacher or anyone.  I used to let everyone copy off me, just because I was so shy and lacked any confidence and foundation.  I started using drugs and alcohol to get out of my shell, but tried to maintain a double life in college.  Too much.  I lived alone and was responsible and had the right heart, but the drugs and alcohol made me too free…it truly wasn’t me, even though it was much easier to be free.  Or, so I thought.  I finally got to the point where I wasn’t enjoying a double life.  I went to church for the first time in my life upon an invitation from a guy at work.  Couldn’t believe when I got there after all my worrying about not being good enough to step into the place…after all I had done…they still so loved me and took me in as one of their family.  I accepted Jesus Christ and in faith…was free.  I was out of my shell without all the drugs, alcohol and partying.  Now, don’t get me wrong.  I’ve lived a hard life.  But, my strength in my life…all of my life…is Him.  Excelling in the little things is big to me.  I want to encourage others to excel.  That’s how we excel.  Someone sent this to me years ago and I thought it fit well with this. 


Our Deepest Fear


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, good-looking, talented, and fabulous?"
Actually, who are you not to be?
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightening about shrinking so other folks won't feel insecure around you.
We are meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.


Anyway, so my two things to live by that I always emphasize with my daughter and myself and anyone else around me?  Truth and excellence!  Honestly!  We should be excellent with our word, and true in our excellence.  After all, if our word can’t be counted on?  It’s not excellent.  And, if we excel at things that aren’t honest and good? What good are they?  Excel at honesty and honesty will be found in the things you excel at.  I’ve been a bit serious today, so I’ll end on this.  Be excellent.  Be true.  Be a beast at everything you do!  Roar!  And, no lion”.  PIMP LOL.  Oh, and even with humor, you can be a beast, right? Well, you can rip-roar! TNT LOL.  Okay, just one more thought...  I saw a building so high that it scraped the sky. Got me thinking. It IS right to excel in all we do. Our accomplishments are sky scrapers.  Just barely touching the sky. Yes, we can do some cool stuff. But, God?  He is the Skymaker. Top that! We make skyscrapers. He is the Skymaker and makes skyblazers. Stars. We are stars, too. Not for glory, but for glow-y! To shine in someone’s darkness.  Even our own. Yes! Be excellent…it is humbling.   So, scrape the sky!  Be a star.   But, remember the Skymaker!   Be glow-y-ous.  Shine for His glow-y...  Oh, and if you laughed at my humor and hope on this one?  Email me or comment and tell me.  And, I will send you a free album download of our "No Stranger To The Blues" by the b.a.s.i.c band.  It is one of our accomplishments, one of our skyscrapers that we recorded for the Skymaker.  Now, go and roar glow-y-ously!   Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment