Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Meeting Mr. Mower And Going Gnatty? Revved Up, Self-Propelled Or Need A Push?

This morning I woke up and decided to try to get outside and clear my head by doing some yard work. I was having one of those “wearing my feelings on my sleeves” kind of week.  You know?  Being sensitive.  It's a blessing and a curse.  Feelings?  Ugh!  Well, I was determined to leave them inside because I wear them on my sleeves and this is definitely a sleeve-less tank top kind of hot day in Florida. See ya feelings! So, I thought I would leave a note on the table to my teenage daughter, Garnet Rose, who was still sleeping. Here is what I wrote: That strange sound you are awakening to? Yeauh! That's your mom and Mr. Mower...revving up your day! Would you like to get to know him? He's a pretty sharp guy! And, he's a gas! Though, he does need to be pushed a bit. One bad habit? He goes through grass and weed like crazy. PIMP LOL. Just yanking your chain, too! Have a self propelling day! So, later after she woke up? We laughed, right? Yep! And, I had to come in earlier than I wanted to. Not just because I felt like I was going to have a heart attack…I can push on through a little wimpy-ness. No. It was those darn gnats! The gnats were so bad outside? How bad were they? They were so bad that I went “gnatty”! And, that’s just a step up from batty. Had to keep slapping myself because of those freakin’ gnats. I hit myself so hard, I about knocked myself out. So, right then? This car stops and the guy says, “You okay? You need help?" Well, that is questionable, but I said NO! He thought I was having a seizure or Tourettes or something. He was a neighbor and knew I had been ill for years, but didn’t know the details. I told him, while slapping myself, “it's the gnats...really…” Trying to convince him I was OK. Told him I’m just slapping myself silly because they are driving me...ummm...gnatty? He laughed & drove on...rather quickly, I must say! If you ever feel the need to slap me? Hold back!  I have met my quota for my lifetime...in one day. Hope you have an un-gnatty day! Oh, and I introduced my daughter to Mr. Broom since she didn’t get a chance to reacquaint herself with Mr. Mower. Had to put him away. Too much grass you know? He’s always carrying a bag on his back. But, that’s another friend. Mr. Bagger. PIMP LOL. So, I gave her Mr. Broom. She swept him off his feet. Good thing because otherwise I would have had to introduce her to Mrs. Broom. That’s me if I have to get witchy and get after her to work. PIMP LOL. Just kidding. I never get witchy. Although, today? When I was outside? I was………melting………melting…… (imagine this in a witchy voice)! Just a little bit of humor for your week...and for your weak!  But, you know what? I am so glad that I am joking about drugs instead of drugs making a joke out of me, right? I know that’s right!!! Been there!  Oh, and if you need to talk? You can email me here or at our other website (basicband.biz). I’ll walk a mile with you. And, I’ll give you the shirt off my back. But, I must warn you? The sleeves will def be worn out! Cuz that’s where I wear my feelings. On my sleeves, right above my fingerless gloves. PIMP LOL. And, you know what? Feelings are okay.  God made us with emotions, intellect, spirit, body…all working together. Just, sometimes we get out of balance and need some quiet time to listen to His voice. Have a fun week.  Propel yourself into everything you do.  Be a gas to someone.  We all have times where we need revved up or need a push to get us going.  And, sometimes?  We get too self-propelled.  Oh, it's a good thing.  I'm like that.  But, we need to get propelled by God, too.  Most important?  Turn off the mower.  Throw a little quiet time in.   So you can hear what He has to say.     Shhhh………   Trace

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Tracy. You always make me smile and think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I don't know where you get all of this humor from, Tracy, but it's very endearing and cute :)
    You have a beautiful way of telling a story. smile:) ~Jer

    ReplyDelete