Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Monday, October 17, 2011

An Apparent Bucket List For A Transparent Parent! My lamentations of my limitations!

An Apparent Bucket List For A Transparent Parent! I get teased for being so transparent. But, one thing that’s not apparent? I’m a parent…who has a tough time dealing with my handicaps. Some of you may know that I have a sort of miniature bucket inside me for a stomach because much of my insides were removed to save my life a few years back. Those that don't know?  Guess what?  You do now!  Anyway, I tell you this not as a pity thing or whining, but as an encouragement and hope. We all have “handicaps” that we pray to be rid of or fixed. I know I do. Sometimes, the fix? Is not being fixed. I know God is real because in my lamentations of my limitations? I have felt and seen His limitlessness! IF I am not afraid. Do I get fed up? Well, yes! And, no!  I can’t eat much, so I can’t get too “fed up”! But I get fed up with dealing with no stomach. Apparently, my “bucket list” as a parent may be quite different from yours. After all? Mine’s very tiny. PIMP LOL. It’s just to love God and my girl and be the best parent I can be. Hope that’s apparent in my transparency!  Be a transparent parent. Let them see your love… That’s an apparent bucket list for a transparent parent!   Yes, they need boundaries in everything, but one...love has none. Oh!  And, yes! I have bathed my girl in an antique bucket when she was a baby...many times.  But, I will not be transparent about that photo...or else, I might lose the job!  PIMP LOL.  Remember to think in the bucket AND out of the bucket.  Trust God with and in your limitations.  Because then, your lamentations will turn into humor, hope and joy.  How?  You will see His limitlessness!  And that will be apparent, transparent and as a parent.  That goes for every other role in your life.  Handicaps don't mean you can't lend a hand.  And, they can come in handy. When they are in the right hands.  He wraps around us and strenghthens us so all can see and we can feel...His limitlessness in our lamentations of our limitations!      Trace

2 comments:

  1. I admire you for your strength I really do. Not to change it up to me but I too have been told that I should be handicapped. My last surgery, yet another knee made four times in all. The VA sent me to Cape Canaveral hospital for the work.
    As I lay there when they are doing the prepping, they asked about all my injuries. Well me being me I started calling them off one by one as she put them in the computer, she finally looked at me as she ran out of room on the computer to list them and asked me “what are you related to evil conevil” then they found more scars I long forgot about.
    She said I should apply for disabled statues,
    I told her point blank and I was angry with the very thought, “I will tell you when I am disabled, as long as I have breath I will not give up”.
    I admire your breath very much as I know it’s not easy.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone asked me if I am on disability? Do I consider myself disabled? I never did apply. I thought about it and it made me feel like giving up, so I didn't. Do I accept some of my weaknesses? Well, yeauh! It's like when I was a kid and had to eat something I didn't like to get to the dessert. Well, my weakness is hard to swallow sometimes, but it gives me lots of dessert. No, not real dessert. Can't have it. But, God's strength and power! The real sweet stuff! NOw, that is not a perfect analogy, but there you go. It's been a long day. Have a peaceful night and week. And a bucket of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete