Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Make Contact With Your Vision

 
I’ve just made contact…with my contacts. At least I can see far away now. Now, where are those glasses to wear over the contacts so I can see close up. Ouch! That wall corner was closer than I thought! I think the contacts should have words in them like the side-mirrors on cars, right? You know? Objects in mirror appear closer than they are. Though, mine would read: Objects in contacts appear further away than they are! I was thinking how blessed we feel sometimes when we run into someone, Well, not run into, like a wall, but like run into, umm…a beautiful sunset or a cozy quaintly decorated room…or like a soft smile. That’d be a sight for sore eyes, for sure! We should all have those people in ours lives. But, sometimes we don’t realize that the sign in our heart-eyes should read: Person in sight could be further away than they appear. They make us feel better, but they need some love back. They might have wished they could avoid contact. I know I’ve had a time or two where I see someone and wonder if I have time to hide. Well, they might feel the same. So, when owe run into others? Make contact. A soft contact. Not a hard contact like hitting a brick wall. Be a sight for sore eyes, not blinded by fear. When given the opportunity to say hi?  Say hi AND smile. They might need to run into a sunset, not a wall! Vision is a blessing to us. And having A vision? Is a blessing to others.  A sight for sore eyes.  Reach out and see… Oh!  And one more thing?  That object in the mirror? May be ourself. If we appear closer than we really are?  Time to move closer to God.  His vision sees all and His Vision?  Is to reach all.  So should ours…  Well, I've made contact with my contacts, my vision.  Now, it's time to make contact with my "Vision".  Reach out and see...   One more thought... We have contact solution to clean our vision up and restore comfort... We should be that contact solution for others, sometimes... Just like God is our solution. Gotta soak it in, too!  Well, that's my contact solution!  I'll go now so I can get on with making contact without being a spectacle! PIMP LOL TNT!  I'll leave you with this, my Optometrist's translation of  Proverbs 29:18:  Without a vision? The peepers would peerish!       Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment