Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How to Be An Example: be an "ex" at addictions and "ample" at persevering

I’ve dealt with many different kinds of addictions in my life.  I only truly overcame them by God’s power and my faith and perseverance. Never give up!  Be a day-seizer! So, when my friend needed help to quit smoking, I said, “Yes, I can help!  Been there…I was a chain smoker in more ways than one. One cig after another and in chains that were difficult to break free. So, please call me any time, day or night and I shall get to you in the nick o’ time. Or…should I say…umm…in the “nic-o-tine”? What? There’s humor and hope in anything if you look. Also, told her nicotine used to be in some bug sprays! I fgure anything you can use that to kill bugs can’t be good for us.  They used to extract it from tobacco! Anyway, I told her that I’ll be there! No ifs ands or cigarette butts! And, no smoke screens. I’ll light you up if you light up! Just kidding!  I know what it was like to smoke and quit. Sucks the life out of you to smoke and sucks the life out of you, at first, to quit, so if it’s gonna suck? How ‘bout sucking for a good reason and for a reasonable time. A little suffering makes you think twice before starting an old habit again, I know! That’s my puff of hope without being puffed up about it.  PIMP LOL TNT.  Whatever’s got you in chains?  Whether it’s smokin’ or pills or worry or lying? Take it to God.  He’s your link to breaking the chains!  One more note?  I know lots of folks that smoke.  When I was growing up, it was a “normal” thing for everyone to smoke.  It is between you and God. I only like to help others with addictions because I’ve been there. You’ll get no judgment from me. Just help.  I just didn’t want my girl to think it was okay to smoke or have to hide it, so I had to quit. Same reason I couldn’t drink or other things…   I want to live by example.  Being an “ex” at addictions and “ample” at persevering and trusting God is my way of being an “example”!  One more thing.  An afterthought, after I edited and posted this:  Maybe it would have sounded better to say, Be an Example by being an "ex" at addictions and "ample" at convictions.  Listen the Spirit of God in you.          Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment