Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Humor And Hope Sneak In While Embarrassment Announces Itself (Turning Red Beats Seeing Red)

So, last night it was raining hard and we drove past, and through, a huge puddle, noticing it a little too late.  And, we splashed this man sitting along the road with a grocery cart and what seemed to be all of his belongings stacked high. Guess what he yelled out at us? “You lousy bum!” What? You’re kiddin’, right? Oh, no, he didn’t...just bum us out. Cracked us up so bad. Not saying he was a bum.  Was just ironically hilarious.  I have had  someone dear to me live on the streets, so God knows my heart.  Just finding humor in this.  Anyway, back to the story before I bum you out.  We parked, ran in and shopped for food for the week, which by the way, is where I have gone forever and I know everyone there and always see a million people I know.  Can't ever sneak in and out.  So, we got to the checkout and our debit card wouldn’t work...as we stood there with a full cart of groceries.  I know…bummer, right? And, right now in our lives we don't have that luxury of  other cash just laying around or other cards to use.  So, I told the customers behind us, “Don't be bummed.  We'll be right back with the $.  Honestly we are not bums.”  I couldn't tell if they were laughing or moaning.  For some odd reason, the card worked in the other machine out front (maybe because there was cash in the account), but not before I had a natural orange red glow about me.  Humorous how God made our bodies.  I mean, who wants to announce embarrassment and panic!  Blow the trumpet!  All eyes look at the red-faced girl.  Something humiliating is happening to her.  And, I knew I had money in the account and we were not in the red, but for that moment?  I doubted! And, I was the one in red!  Beet red!  Turning red...beats...seeing red!  PIMP LOL.  Just because you turn red?  You don't have to see red!  Humor is colorful!  We had to pull our cart aside and go out in the storm.  Another reason I almost always use cash.  Other than just freaking the cashiers out.  They don’t see cash often.  But, then, neither do I.  Maybe the odd reason these two events happened was just to learn these two lessons in a funny way.  The two lessons?  You can’t judge a book…I mean you know how many times you’ve been in line and someone swears they have money, right?  Do you believe ‘em?  Well, it happened to me. Or judge someone by the way they dress or the way they accidentally splash you.  We all do it.  First impressions, right? First impressions only last until the second you get to know someone.  And, if you still aren't impressed?  See them through God's eyes.  And, that goes for those that only cross our paths once in life.  You just never know what's underneath that first impression.  I mean sometimes you just know.  But, then sometimes? Well, like the saying goes. You just never know!!!  I'm not sure if the people behind us in the store thought we were bums, but I made them laugh.  And, the guy along the road?  Well, he just used a rather funny choice of words when he got soaked because we did not see him at first.  Until it was too late.  His first impression and ours seemed to be the same.  And now for the other lesson? Well, trusting instead of panicking.  I almost panicked, but I knew that I knew that I had money and no matter how it looked to everyone else and what the machine said?  I knew.  God knew.  That’s just how life is.  He knows...  I know that!  Now, let me impress upon you...don’t be bummed!  Oh, and the photo at the top?  That's how I looked when the debit card wouldn't work...  Can you see the color rising?   The second photo?  Umm...just for fun.   Have a colorful and impressive evening.  Find humor and hope in the red...stuff!   You'll have less bummers.   Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment