Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary To Our Dear Half Paycheck!! Doing without? Does us good within!

Happy Anniversary, baby!  Well, it’s our 2 year anniversary! Of living on ½ a paycheck!  Whew!  I know!  You’re amazed and celebrating right along with us.  Cuz you’ve had tough times, too.  I know you're thinking how weird to celebrate this, right?  But, 'tis better to be cheery than weary.  Better for us and those around us, right?  So, we went from 2 nice paychecks to 1 and then to 1/2.  Has it been tuff?  Tuff enuff!  Our recreation budget IS our mortgage payment! PIMP LOL. Nuff said, right? Z’okay! We actually recreate and create in our home!  A lot of people pay big payments for homes that they rarely spend time in.  We have a smaller home, but spend a lot of time here.  Sure, wouldn’t mind having our full paychecks back and sell a few records to make living a little more livable, a little easier.  You know?  A big old house on the river or in the moutains with 3 stories and a huge porch with a swing. But we make do.  I always say: make money?  Need more.  Make do?  Need less.  More or less.  So anyways, I paid the mortgage payment and a few bills and I saw a $27 balance? Now, I could handle it 2 ways. #1: Whine for the next 2 weeks until another payday! Or option # 2: Celebrate! You know? Raise the roof? Cuz we had enuff to keep a roof over our head and a few $ for pizza a night or 2.  Yeauh! We don’t have a lot of $, but lots of laughs. All the way to the bank!  PIMP LOL TNT.  Kidding.  We are very thankful with more or with less…more or less…  Spend some time in your home…not just $.   SOME recreation and creation is still free.   Such as a little music, a little humor, a little hope...for next year.  Not the kind of hope we use today, like saying I wish.  But, the kind of hope that is certainty.  Certainty that we will persevere...in His strength!  So, raise the roof today about having a roof over your head.  Oh, and I realize that He put this on my heart today because, well?  I needed to hear it first.  Ouch! I betta take care of that envy!  PIMP LOL.  One more thing about 1/2 paychecks?  I have way more time not thinking about where and how to manage the other 1/2.  And, when we do start making more again, we can save it, share it or fix the house up or get our music out there.  Point is?  We have been learning that to do without?  Does us good within!  Oh, and stop by some of my other stories...and pages here.  Lots of 'em.   Some humor, hope and character...for every sort of character.   I am going to go look at my checkbook balance again.  I need to build some more character.       Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment