Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Don't Get Ticked. Tock About It! You Know What I'm Tockin' 'bout!

Every year I turn our clocks during the afternoon of the “turn clocks” night, just like…umm…clockwork. PIMP LOL.  It's my thing.  It happens automatically. Habit.  You know?  Habits CAN be good things! So, this past  Saturday, I automatically went around and turned the clocks without thinking. Only, I was at the wrong time of year.  Guess I really wasn’t thinking, because for the first time ever? I turned them all forward an hour. But, I had no idea, yet. Yep!  So, around eight o'clock that night, Sam, for the first time ever, decided unbeknownst to me, to go around and turn them “back”, also. So, later, it’s time to watch football and I said, “Wow!  Something’s wrong or they must have decided to do the same thing I do on these stations and turn the clocks cuz they all match ours?” Then, Sam says, “Ummm…but, they should be off an hour because I turned them all back”.  By this time, I’m laughing and I says, “Well, I remember now…I turned them all forward! Oops!”  And? Like clockwork, we were right back at square one. So, I went around and fixed all the clocks…again! Got me thinking that this is just how we are when it’s time to make a decision. Before moving forward or backing up a step out of habit? Consult your heart and your God. Oh! And your spouse? In any case?  If you don’t talk or pray? You may wind up going in opposite directions or cleaning each others clocks.  Ahhh…  Communication…  Takes time, but it’s worth every second.  Keep you from going ‘round in circles.  PIMP LOL. Get into the habit of communication just like turning the clocks.  It comes in handy! Communication takes two...hands just like a clock...so don't get tick'd.  Tock about it!  Okay! I better stop to keep everyone from getting “tick"d. “Tock” to you later.  The photos?  Three of my fav clocks. The first is a clock I made when I was about twenty.  Ceramics. The other two are my fav outside clock and pocket watch (not mine).  One last thought?  I love that song by Bonnie Raitt, "Let's Give "em Something Ta Talk About".  Have a lovely day.    Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment