Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?

“YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?” As, I was thinking of heroes today and of those who died in service, I took it a step further and used today as a chance to honor more of my heroes. Found this old photo from several years ago taken at Sam’s Mom’s. We were remembering how when Garnet Rose was little she would always say to folks in the grcoery store: “you want a piece of me? Or you want a knuckle sandwich” Taught by her wonderful Grandpa Bill who, along with Nanny, were the first ones to her birth and graduation. And, have always been there for us. Heroes. I thought of them when I saw this old photo. You will notice the “peace” sign on the wall at Grammie’s (Sam’s Mom). Another hero to us. The peace sign fit perfect with this story. But, Uncle Mark is saying to Sam and Garnet Rose: “You wanna piece of me?” Teasing her after me telling the story. You can see my eye laughing and keeping the peace in the bottom left corner. I never get in too many photos at Sam’s family get-together’s. I don’t know why. Maybe they are being merciful. PIMP LOL. Of course, I used to take so many of them myself. I like being behind the cam instead of in front. But, I get in trouble that way, sometimes. So, of course, we were telling stories and having cake, so that should be cake in that metal cake cover, but it’s his fist. And, of course, this is one of my fave photos of my girl.. Love that smile. Love seeing people enjoying their selves and smiling and laughing. Okay, have a fun day. Remember ALL your heroes. Keep the peace. By giving a piece of yourself. Preferably not your fist. But, your heart… SIGNED, You Always Get a Piece & Peace Of Me

No comments:

Post a Comment