Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Candle Candor

Candles are so relaxing. But, I gotta say, this one? Is making me stressed. It’s wicked times 3. As in “wick”ed! And, I don’t mean wicked cool, either. Or, wicked hot. See, I got one of those candles that have 3 wicks. Talk about burning the candles at both ends. How ‘bout 3! PIMP LOL. But, no! Not this one! Oneof the wicks go out & I relight & another goes out. It keeps burning uneven. Then, I pour some wax out, which, by the way, grows hard & cold, and without a wick it’s useless! I’m def waxing cold on this candle. It’s supposed to melt my stress away. Not stress me into a melt-down. Can I and do I want to fix it? Is it worth it? Ummm…don’t know? It smells so good, looks so good. But, that can be deceiving. Take it back? Yes! I‘ve done all I could do. Sometimes, you just gotta take things & people back to the “Man”ufacturer. He’s the only one that can get things evened out. Melt away deception. Teach us balance and how to burn our light evenly so we will be comforted and comfort others. He lights our path. We just get stressed & burn the candle at both ends trying to do His work. If we can’t fix it, then it ain’t meant for us to fix. The Manufacturer knows the product better than the product knows itself. And, speaking of your own candle? Don’t leave it unlit. Being just a decoration. A poser. Hiding somewhere, becoming hardened because it burns uneven or you wax cold from others trying to fix you. Sometimes, you get burnt! If it burns bright, it may give light to many. And, that light may hurt a few eyes who want to put out that light and fix you. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But, if it is? And, it’s not lit? Call the Manufacturer! He won't ever burn you. And, you are never useless to Him! Though, He may light a fire under you every now and again! Now, that’s wicked cool candle candor! And, I guess, “wick”ed hot!     Trace

2 comments: