Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hardships And Easy Sailing

"Hardships". This photo was taken at an early morning surprise breakfast for my birthday as I am making my wish before blowing out the candle. Thank you family! This bowl of strawberries with a candle in it was a make-shift birthday cake. I can't have much to eat like most everybody else, but I can join in festivities anyways. Yes, many times, it's hard, but it's harder to NOT be a part of life. Not always easy sailing. In fact, most times, it's not. No complaints. Just thanks that I still sail...in my hardship. Anyway, the thought behind the breakfast and the cake was deliciously sweet of them. I love it. It's the li'l things, you know. Just hearing or knowing that someone cares... Is food for the soul. Now, that's a food I can eat alot of. And, that can make hardships easier to sail. Gives me an anchor and wind for my sails. It's a blessing to have others astern. Alongside, Even aft or forward. For all the times we are sailing leeward or windward. And, I see Him in all of it. Well, because He IS all of it. Oh! And, my wish? Can't tell!  But!  I will say?  It was more like a prayer!!  Can't you tell by the photograph? PIMP LOL.  One last thought? If you ever feel like jumping ship or bailing out? Don't be a dinghy! At least, jump on someone else's and give them a hand with the sail! Until you can make some headway! Besides we'll all be on the main ship together someday. We should learn to sail together now. Okay! I know alot of you know some sailing terms and good comebacks for this. I love it when you sail along with me. Cuz... ♪ ♫ sailing takes me away to where I'm going...do-do-do-do-do-do... ♪ ♫  See ya out on the waves.   Trace

1 comment:

  1. Lord, here my prayer,
    send your angels,
    to guard well, we sailors,
    serving in your fleet,
    protect us from harm or defeat,
    give us guidance and wisdom,
    to pursue diplomacy, instead of war,
    peace, instead of hatred,
    life, over death,
    when I die, permit me appear first
    at your gate,
    allow the devil, to think, I am late,
    and, before he realizes his mistake,
    grant me entrance, and assign me to serve,
    life eternal, in your heavenly fleet
    Jim

    ReplyDelete