Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Transparent trans-parenting!

My daughter had a friend over and she was talking to me about boys and God and other significant subject matters of the heart!  I was talking to her and she said, “Ms. Tracy, you are so transparent”.   I thanked her and jokingly explained that while I do Dad stuff sometimes, like fixing stuff because I like it, and I like cars and trucks, and sometimes wear his flannel shirts,  I also take my Mama role seriously. In a humorous kinda way!  I cross back and forth, just as he does.  He cooks breakfast sometimes. We both do trans parenting!  Don't we all do some cross parenting?  NO!  Not that kind!  I mean, yes!  We do get cross, but I mean take over either role.  I’m also a transparent trans-parent. I like my girl to see through to my heart whether I’m doing Mama stuff or Dad stuff. PIMP LOL.  Well, they just looked at me and said, “See! You’re doing it again. What’s in there shows on the outside. You can’t help it.  In your singing, writing, humor or just talking.”  I said, “Clearly, that’s the good news and the bad news. My countenance is always what’s in my heart. I’m not good at hiding my soul. And, I guess sometimes, we need to be able to do that.  I’m really not good at anything but being me.  And, I'm still learning that.  That's "The Good News"!  I don’t have to remember or think what to say or do or how to think or feel if I speak my heart and live truth.  I don't want anyone to have to dig for the truth nor do I want to keep it buried deep.  It's a treasure from God that I can't bury.  I have to share my heart.  Just, sometimes I have to remember to keep my transparent self under the apparent transparent parental guidance of God.  PIMP LOL.  Be transparent.  Cuz truth is apparent!  And, a parent should be truth!  My rap for today? "Let truth be evident in your resident"!  This resident has got to go now.  Truth is?  Got some trans-parenting to do!    Trace

1 comment: