Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hittin’ The Sauce!

“Hittin’ The Sauce. The Home-made Sauce!” PIMP LOL. What? No! Not that kind of sauce. Although, I am, technically, hitting the sauce. And, we do, sometimes, put it in a jar. No, I don’t drink, anymore, thankfully. It’s a BBQ Sauce. Called Sammy T’s Blues Sauce. A comfort sauce for “those times that you chase away the blues while you listen to the blues and eat” kind of sauce! Which is “all times”! Best sauce and I ain’t just sayin’ that because I’m the cook. Main ingredient? Love… With a pinch of attitude. Throw in a 64 oz. bottle of ketchup (minus the bottle and I prefer Publix), a whole jar of Grandma’s molasses, chili powder, Garlic Salt With Parsley Flakes, Red Wine Vinegar and Tobasco Sauce. Bring all ingredients to a boil at medium heat, all the while stirring for another 15 minutes. It will bubble and splat, so keep stirring. Then, let it cool and pour back in to the Publix bottle you cleaned up from the ketchup. Oh! And, the last 4 ingredients I just shake into the mixture. So, shake to your taste, but I warn you. Don’t taste too much along the way. Or you may have to make another batch! My daughter licks the kettle. Us? No way! Okay, yes! It’s that good. Did you think I was going to say don't shake too much? No! You can never shake too much PIMP LOL TNT. Anyways, I make this every week or so and we use it on French Fries, for sandwiches, dip, in beans, etc. Go ahead. You know you wanna shake! In good taste!    Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment