Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Friday, September 28, 2012

SO, WHAT STUFFING ARE YOU MADE OF?

“SO, WHAT STUFFING ARE YOU MADE OF?” What? Well, this is for anyone who has ever felt worn out, useless or old! Or all 3! Young or old! So, I was having one of those "all 3" kind of days. I was tidying up a bit and noticed one of our fave pill
ows was totally get useless as it we were unable to use it to lay our weary heads to rest and not cry no more! PIMP LOL. It wasn’t even thread-bare. Just bare! You could see the stuffing. I also noticed my fave antique doiley had a hole in the middle and faded. And, one of the newer flowers in my dried flowers vase looked a li’l weary and worn out and bent out of shape. Throw them away? Well, on some days. But, not today! I had to prove a point to myself. That even on my worse day, I could accomplish something. So, I grabbed the fave pillow with bare side up, my antique fave crocheted doily with a hole in the middle and the bent out of shape flower. All of no use, separately, but together? Well, just see. They make it work. I sewed and glued the doily to the worn side of the pillows and added the flower to the hole. Gorgeous! Sometimes, we just need a helping hand or a word of encouragement from someone to make things work for us. Are you up to that? What stuffing are you made of? And, sometimes, we need teamwork. It’s a beautiful thing! Are you up for that? What stuffing are you made of? And, whether you are young or old, worn out or bent out of shape, you are not useless. You’re a beautiful thing! Don’t ever give up. Your stuffing matters! So, what stuff are you made?   Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment