Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Thursday, September 20, 2012

MELON COLLIE

“MELON COLLIE” What? Well, this morning, when I got up, I was feeling kind of blah. A li'l ruff! As I was cutting up a watermelon, I got to thinkin’ ‘bout the word melancholy. What? That’s how my mind works. Anyways, I don’t like to feel that way. So, as I thought about the word, I started picturing a collie with a melon body. Even, one carved in the melon. I got rid of the melancholy. And, the melon collie. I ate it! PIMP LOL. I so wanted to carve a collie in the melon like I do roses. You can’t blame a girl for tryin’ to carve out a li’l fun. And, a li’l melon collie now and again. Gotta carve THAT melancholy right outta me! We all do what we gotta do to get thru. For me, it’s working and creating, humor, writing, music, fixing stuff and taking care of people. And, before each one of those is possible? Faith. Have a fun day. If you have to make a collie out of a melon, go ahead. Cures melancholy. Carve out some fun. And, in everything, give thanks. In the melancholy AND the melon collie. Thankfulness, in itself, cures melancholy! Especially when you're havin' a ruff day!    Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment