Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Friday, July 13, 2012

EYEFUL OF THE EIFFEL INSTEAD OF THE AWFUL!



I have a friend, Chris who I used to work with at the Space Center, who rode his bike all over our beautiful country. He would train by riding down beautiful River Road in Cocoa past our house very early in the morn and yell out good morning Tracy. We didn't have AC so the windows were usually always open at that time. He also traveled to Ireland, Germany and France. He always shared his photos and had many stories at our annual lunch get-togethers. He told me how, over in Europe, he would bicycle through towns and see all these store windows. Which sounds normal, but in the windows? Were prostitutes! Naked and waving. He said he about fell off his bike with that eyeful. He was expecting to get an eyeful of the Eiffel. Not an eyeful of awful. PIMP LOL. He had lots of biking stories, like the gorgeous flowers in April. In Paris. But this one “spoke” to me. I could really picture it. You know? Get an eyeful of the Eiffel. What did you think I meant? PIMP LOL. Anyways, whatever you thought, have a fun day. Take a bike ride or a walk or read a book or watch a show and see the world. Get an eyeful of man’s works and God’s creation. It’s easy on the eyes. Quite magnificent. My last thought? When you look upon someone, get an eyeful of the Eiffel instead of an eyeful of the awful. You know? Look beyond the storefront. See the beauty and magnificence in someone. You just never know what they are going through. Hope this got the wheels of your bike turning. Or, at least the wheels of your mind. I know it “spoke” to me. Oh! And, thank you, April and Chris, for the lovely photos from your trips to Paris. I feel like I have been there.      Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment