Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cage Rage


“Cage Rage!” I’m having an inner conflict this morning that just keeps pecking at me. It’s makin’ me a li’l cagey! What is it? Guess you could call it an inner chicken fight! Well, part of me feels like a bird in a cage and the other part of me feels free. Like I’m ready to fly and roam. Why? Well, I found out the eggs we ate were cage free and the chicken was not. Oh my! And, they are fighting each other. Feel like I could just lay an egg. PIMP LOL. The chickens who laid the eggs might have been free, but the eggs weren’t. In fact, after looking at the bill, they must have laid golden eggs. Anyways, every time I squawk like a chicken and flap my wings to get outta this cage, no one hears and I ummm… chicken out? So, I traded in my bak bak bak for talk talk talk. I stopped flappin’ and start yakkin’. Traded the cage rage for the wing sing. Yep! How? I decided to pray. And, to sing. You know? Put wings to my thoughts and troubles. Talk to God? What? That’s the real freedom. And, I had a peck of prayers. So, whatever your pecking order is for today? Don’t be hen-pecked! PIMP LOL. And, certainly don’t forget freedom. It’s endowed by our Creator and flies free in the heart. So, we can feel free to fly to Him anytime we need to. Without feeling cagey or squawky or chickening out. Or, even if you do feel that! He loves us. Gotta go. Do some flyin’ and some singin’. Love all you hens, roosters and chicks. I’ll be bak bak bak! Oh! I was having a fond memory from writing this story about how much I loved going to the neighbors farm to get our eggs. Ahhh... Flyin free... Oh! And, the photo drama? Well, the photo is real. Taken in St. Augustine a few years back. At least, all of it but the wings are real. And, maybe one or 2 of the guys hanging! Have a fun day! I'm fixin' to get a visit from my niece who I haven't seen in 17 years (my brother Larry's daughter). Thankful! And, thankful is freeing! Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment