Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sacrifice & Family!




This is a fave photograph of my daughter, Garnet Rose, to celebrate her 18th BD in 4 days. She is sitting on a foot stool of my great grandmother’s. Of course, she could fit her whole self on that stool which was sitting right next to her very own antique rocking chair. She was so small but could sing and do anything. It was strange today as we celebrated my daughter’s birthday with my parents and brother and sister because I found out my “real” blood grandmother died this week at 91. I never knew my real Dad or his parents, but my step-dad, Bill, has treated me like his daughter and been there since the day of my daughter’s birth at Arnold Palmer Hospital. Thanks Mom and Dad. Also, a good thing is that she lived until 91. The thing that stood out to me about finding that out today is just to take time to be with your family. That’s all. Take time to sit on a stool or rock in a chair and be with your parents and grandparents, kids and grandkids. My folks sacrificed alot today to be here and so love them for that. Sacrifice... No greater love...    Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment