Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Honor Rolls and Honor Roles


“Honor Rolls & Honor Roles!” So, here’s a collage of more old photos to celebrate my girl turning 18 this weekend. These are from one of her award events. You can see how excited she is to be getting her award at Challenger Elementary. She is bouncing with joy as she walk-runs to get her achievement. Her countenance jumps off the photo. I am so thankful I got to be there with her to see my girl get AB honor roll. It’s an honor to be a mother, to be a parent. Being a parent is a role we should bounce with joy to play. An “honor” role we play. Even when we don’t know all the answers. We trust our God and they see that iin us. It’s like the race we run in life. Are we running, even bouncing with joy, to be rewarded at just the end? Or is life rewarding because we appreciate and so live the steps, the walk, the race, the journey, in between, also. When, I get to the end, I want my God to be so proud of me and say “you have played your role with honor”. Like I am of my girl each step, each milestone, each smile, each tear… So, I say to her and to everyone: keep walkin’…with joy!  The bounce counts!  Let them see your bounce countenance.  Every step of the Way!      Trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment