Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Jus’ Doin’ A Li’l Boot Kickin’!

“Jus’ Doin’ A Li’l Boot Polishin’ & Boot Kickin’!” What? So, I’m still not completely on top of things! In fact, I’m behind from being sick. My body doesn’t always get the “Kick Butt Today” memo. But, I am kicking butt at trying to get well. Well, kicking boot! I mean…umm…polishing boot. What I mean is that I am trying to get well and while I am resting I am doing a li’l boot polishing. For real. PIMP LOL. Got to keep them lookin’ good. So, no matter what’s kicking your butt, kick boot! Find something you can do to polish your soul and make it shine. Renew its luster. No matter how small or basic of a thing. It does make a difference in your life. I know. There was a time I couldn’t even get up and do the very basic thing of putting on my boots. Now? I put them on every day . One at a time, like everyone else, of course. But, I do this as my symbol to get up and kick boot. You know? Seize the day and be encouraged. To find a way to make a difference in my life and others. And, it’s all wrapped up in a kick butt pair of boots. I know… I still need a bit of polishing… DUH LOL. And! The little boot in the photodrama? It was a gift. A gorgeous figurine of my exact boot. And, well, I keep that by my desk and computer in our music room to remind to kick boot no matter how wore out my soul is. Or my boots soles. And, you know? While spit and a soft cloth may polish our boot skins that sit atop our soles, spit and hardship polish our souls that sit beneath our skin.   Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment