Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

SAGE SAUSAGE ADVICE? GET A-GRIP-PA!

“SAGE SAUSAGE ADVICE? GET A-GRIP-PA”! What? Well, bear with me here… I am combining 2 thoughts into 1 story. Yep! You get a 2-fer-1 today. So, once a week I cook sausage patties for the whole week for everyone to heat up in the microwave for breakfast each day with bagels. I’m kind of the short-order cook. Goes for the order and the cook! PIMP LOL. Anyways, I purposely and deliciously scorch both sides of the patties I make and don’t overcook them so they are not dried out and nasty after reheating in the microwave. And, the scorching flavor stays with them. Well, today’s sausage for this cook? Just happens to be…ummm…Sage Sausage. PIMP LOL. I know… Got me thinking, and so I made up a couple dumb morning home-made jokes. Of course, you have to imagine this in Italian New York mafia talk. So, ummm…what wise advice did the sage sausage give to the even wiser cook? “Ummm…may Iyuh sagest you quit’a puttin’ the squeeze on me! I’m notta big on your “pat”tie answers after I give you tasty sage morsels of advice, such as: Don’ta jumpa outta the frying pan into the ummm…microwave! Or don’t go out half-cooked or overcooked and dried out. Get a grip-a!” How did the wiser cook answer back to this advice? I first told him that if I wanted sage advice I sure won’t ask a sausage. I’d ask a ham! PIMP LOL. But then…umm…well, let’s just say that I took his sage advice and got a grip! Though, I did have to put the squeeze on him. And, now for the 2nd part of the story and another joke? Well, speakin of advice? Late last night I was reading ACTS. I was thinking about what I read as I was cooking sausage this morning. Yes, it all mixes in my mind. So, I was reading about Paul wanting to get a chance to speak his mind before Caesar, but 1st, before King Agrippa. So, here’s my 2nd joke to be read in Italian NY mafia voice, of course! “What did the Apostle Paul say to Festus? Don’t be upset-a with-a me. Just get agrippa. And, now go get King Agrippa to listen to me!” PIMP LOL. Remember, if we want a chance to be heard, no matter what age or whether it is just with family, work, school, music, writing, art, etc., and you feel like you’re getting the squeeze and getting pat answers, get-a grip! And, get-a ready! Speak up. Show up. Share up. Share your heart. Get cookin’! Let your flavor linger. Even after you’ve gone. Don’t be afraid to be different. And, don’t be afraid to make a difference. And, remember? Sometimes, we do go from the frying pan into the ummm…microwave. Don’t go out half-cooked or overcooked. Have wonderful day. Thanks for reading. You know I love being a ham! And, as always, clikc on the photdrama to get the ummm...bigger picture!  Signed, The Sage Sausage Short Order Cook, or just for short: The Scorcher

1 comment:

  1. Another fun fabulous post,with all your comical writings you still always give us a real and inspiring message Tracy my dear. :) I love the Italian mafia style in this one. Hey I'm a fellow Paisano. lol ;) Love your two jokes. haha did the Apostle Paul really talk a like a dat back then? Your pics are so fabulous too I love them. The Scorcher,lol well you are the cutest ever short order cook my dear. Love you xoxo :) Oh and that sage sausage looks so good. I can smell it om here make me one when you get a chance Trace. ;)

    ReplyDelete