Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Monday, October 8, 2012

Sandpaper & Saws!

“SANDPAPER & SAWS!” Okay, so sometimes it takes sandpaper to smooth our rough edges. Like a craftsman does furniture during refinishing. He has to turn the pieces upside down and all around to get to some spots that are rough or need retouched. He even may have to do some sawing and repairing. I was thinking of a gigantic desk/wall organizer we put into my daughter’s bedroom that was given us. We actually had to saw it in two and then glue/drill/sand/hammer, etc. back together to fit it in her room. Took a great deal of thought and hard work. We def didn’t “saw” that coming. Hmmm…got me thinking. It’s like us. We require sawing, gluing, drilling, hammering and sanding! We may get turned upside down sometimes in life just to get some rough spots smoothed over and pieces of our life put back together. Some of us require a lot of sanding. Though, it is hard to get to some spots that need it the most. Like our own back sides. You know? Just in case we show them. And, who doesn’t do that once in a while? PIMP LOL. You never “saw” that coming! And, our hearts. They get rough and hard to get to, also! Well, anyways, that's why we need other folks to be sandpaper. Yes, it can be rough. May not have been in OUR plan. Certainly not the right direction. Though, going with the grain is the best, some rub us the wrong way and that’s when we take it to the Master Craftsman. He can smooth over those spots if we let Him. And, help us have a finish that is smooth and beautiful. Though, I never said it would be easy. He never did either. If you see dust ‘round your self? The Carpenter is at work. I see dust. Saw dust. I see sawdust! And, sand dust. PIMP LOL. Saw what I mean? Well, have a fun day. Gotta go. Sand, sand, sand… Ouch, ouch, ouch! I know! You saw that coming! I’m just a li’l rough around the edges… Oh! And, by the way, don't give up on those hopes and dreams and life. Keep sanding away. Sometimes, our love is sanded, sometimes, put thru the fire. Here's our new song to go right along with that. Thanks for lovin' me, rough edges and all. Trace http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSUXCH2OTgc&feature=plcp

No comments:

Post a Comment