Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

“Meeting The Right Guy!”

“Meeting The Right Guy!” So, I was talking with my girl about that certain subject “meeting the right guy”. I said: Don’t worry honey! You'll know it's the right guy when you answer "867-5309" to his question of "what's your phone number?  
"And, he gets it. Not the phone number. The joke! Cuz, he sure ain’t getting’ that number! PIMP LOL. We laughed, but really…wow! Where does time go? For me, right from the start of her life, I wanted her to meet the right guy, alright! As in, God! First off! To have that security and knowledge to draw from. To have that personal relationship. To me, it’s so so important to teach our kids very young about faith, hope and love. To teach them about music and arts. About, politics, history, science, math, everything. About life! And, continue teaching through our lives even while they begin teaching us. Now, me? I like to be creative when I share what’s in my mind. Don’t say it! PIMP LOL. I have to be, right? I like to use music, humor, etc., to teach. And, you know? There is def a song for every moment, every lesson. Songs to listen to. Songs to write. Songs to teach our kids. I bet by now, if you got the joke, you are singing ♪♫ 867-530 ni-e-ine ♪♫! Anyways, mostly, we teach by our actions… Trace

2 comments:

  1. Trace nobody says it better! You're so right about the things you say about God first and learning all the things we need to get us through in life to make good decisions. Haha I got it I was singing that song immediately. ;) an old classic. :) It's not easy to find that right person,for some it might be for other's it's not,could be a long hard road. You're also right about songs for every lesson and moment. I learn something everytime I come here,you have lots of wisdom my dear. and so funny too. Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching our children is the single most important thing we will do with our lives. How well, or poorly, we do this affects the rest of their lives, ... and they're children's lives .. and on, and on ...
    (just a little personal note)- When one of my daughters (Jennifer)was just a wee tot, "867etc" was at the top of the charts, and she would run around the house singing "8675309 -jenny-jenny- 8675309"
    Tom (ye ole moondogg)

    ReplyDelete