Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Headphoneville"

♫♫♫ d[-.-]b ♫♫♫ Taking a trip to “Headphoneville” which should plug me right into the road to “iPodville” and that should lead me right to the scenic route to “Cleanthehouseville”. All 3 towns are in the county of “Music” which is in the state of “Mind”! Capital: Consciousville. Population: 1,893.456 gray cells & memories & counting. State Flower: The Subconscious Stem! PIMP LOL. What? Well, now! Decided to do a bit of cleaning and then more resting today. I do have a small story to go with this. It’s about the lost languishing language called talking. As I was cleaning and listening to music in my headphones with my girl’s old iPod, I was just thinking about electronics and the world we now live in. There was a time when I would have had my stereo or 8-track system up blasting through the whole house to hear music. That was the only way! Or, in later years, have my huge portable cassette player hanging off my jeans pocket to listen to tapes while cleaning. Now? iPods, mp3’s, etc. And, most everyone has phones that do everything. We don’t but I probably would if I could. Or, like my daughter, an iPod. Seems, everywhere I go everyone always has their headphones in. I get on her even to take them off and make contact sometimes with the real world. I was joking saying there would be time in the world where folks didn’t even talk to each other in the same room or walk right past each other down the street or at bus stops, or even at church. They would text and forget even how to talk. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love electronics and headphones, but there is a time and place for headphones. And, a time and place for text. Well, that’s my text for today. And, today is my time for headphones. So, have a fun day. Take a trip. But, make sure you come back from it and visit with the locals. PIMP LOL. Talking is fast becoming a lost languishing language. Off on a trip and then some more rest for me. Check out the signs and see which way your are going. Added a li'l humor on the signs. Places like Oblivion, Timbuktu, Katmadu, iPodville, etc. Just click the picture to get the ummm...bigger picture. Love you guys.  Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment