Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Abel And The Three Ables: For All Able Bodies (veritable, meritable, charitable)

This is my short story on Abel and The Three Ables.  Of course, I was reading about Abel and about how God was pleased with his sacrifice and God found favor in him.  Most of you know the rest of the story, but in case you don't, well, Cain, Abel's brother, murdered him.  They both gave sacrifices, but Cain's heart wasn't in the right place.  He attributed all his success to himself and didn't give his most excellent to God.  Abel gave honor to the Source.  God.  And only wanted to give his very best.  (Check out more of it in Genesis 4).  Yep!  I like the bible.  But, don't let that scare you off.  Finish the rest of my story. You can check the bible out for yourself. It's really full of cool stuff.  So, anyways, you know how my brain works, right?  I went from Abel to Able to these three "Ables" for all able-bodies.  You know?  Verit, Merit and Charit Able!  If you are willing, God is able, right?  FIRST, be authentic!  Genuine (veritable).  How do I describe myself genuinely?  Umm...  I am quaintly eclectic, saintly electric and faintly eccentric!  Taintly that the truth! PIMP LOL.  But, really all kidding aside.  Be true.  To God, others and to yourself.  Be yourself.  Cuz, to be Frank about it?  Frank has got Frank covered!  Don't try to be your brother.  Be you.  SECOND, strive for excellence in ALL you do (meritable).  Using the words excellence and all kind of cover the length and breadth and width of life.  Do your best in all you strive to do...as if you are presenting your work to God.  Because we do.  Nuff said.  And, THIRD, be loving and giving (charitable) of your authentic excellent self.  To God and to others.  So, be veritable, meritable and charitable!  All while being yourself!   Have that kind of week.  Oh, and the photo is a collage of me being me...quaintly eclectic, saintly electric and faintly eccentric!  Taintly that the truth! PIMP LOL.       Trace

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure have a way with words. Lots of creativity too. I have no imagination or literary talent at all, I admire people who can write. I am following you from Rome, Italy but I am Sicilian and grew up in New York.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and saying that. Great to have a friend in Rome!! I grew up in Pennsylvania!!! Neighbors! Come back soon. I wanted to share our music site with you as I noticed you share your daughter's wonderful talents! Here is one of our sites: www.basicband.biz

      Trace

      Delete