Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Monday, January 30, 2012

Mirrors Are Mere Auras

Mirrors… We look in them and see just a “mere aura” of the real us.  Not, fully and truly, what's inside. Deep in our spirit and soul.  Or what we hope to see.  Instead, just a  simple air (mere aura) of what is inside.  Mirrors can only reflect mere auras.  We get so caught up with seeing only the scars and flaws and wrinkles that show on the outside that it flaws what we see on the inside.  Leaving scars on the inside.  If we look inside and seek that first, it will change how we see the outside. Oh, maybe not erase the wrinkles and years, but def learn to live with them. It's ironic because in the last month some dear friends and musicians, Drew, Ronnie, Joe and Sam, told me, in so many words, to embrace who I am.  I said, "Do you mean embrace the Trace?" PIMP LOL. Anyways, the bible says we look in the mirror now and see only a glimpse of what is to come.   That is where faith steps in.  What we can't see with our eyes. we see with our faith hearts.  And, we so want others to look at us seeing us with their faith hearts.  So, let us do the same. Look at others and ourselves with the eyes of our hearts.  See more than just the mere aura in the mirror! You know the Fairytale saying, "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest one of all"? Well, if we are really fair, we would look around us and know it would be God. Though we can't see Him face to face, we see a mirror of Him in all He has created around us and in us. A mere aura of Him! Now, we see as in a mirror, but then face to face.  Faith hopes.  Faith believes.  Faith knows.  A final thought.  Did you know that mirrors are reflected duplications of an object that appears identical but reversed. As an optical effect it results from reflection off of substances such as a mirror or water. In chemistry, a '"mirror image'" is a molecule having a spatial arrangement that corresponds to that of another molecule except that the right-to-left sense on one corresponds to the left-to-right sense on the other. Just thought I'd add that cool info in. What we see of ourselves in the mirror is identical but reversed. A li'l different than how others see us and photography sees us. That's why I always tease and say that I am not very photo"glenn"ic. PIMP LOL.  Couldn't resist a li'l humor.  See, my last name is Glenn.   I don't like the way I look in photos.  Or mirrors, for that matter.  But, I'm learning to seek what's on the inside.  My spirit, my soul.  And, the spirit of God in me.  And, seek that first.  I think that's what the bible means when it says to seek first the kingdom of God.  It's in you!  Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is that mirrors can only capture a mere aura.  Of who we are inside. And, sometimes it all seems reversed! Or confusing. Again, faith.  And, the magnificence we see every day in creation and His created is only a glimpse of our Creator and things to come. When you look in the mirror, look deep inside.  When you look upon others, look deep inside. Someday, the outside appearance will be more than mere auras and we won't need mirrors.  Now, I have to go fix myself up a bit.  Yes!  I must look in the mirror....beyond the mere aura.  Hope it doesn't crack!  PIMP LOL.  Oh! One last thing?  Click on the photograph to ge the umm...bigger picture?  Anyways, it is some artwork I did on a photo of my parlor room at my old house on the River Road in Cocoa, Florida.  The mirror was hand-made by a craftsman nearby in Cocoa Village and given to me by my husband on my first Christmas in that house.  I loved the pine cones he carved in it.  It is gone now.  Had to sell a lot of things when I got very sick.  But, I have this memory.  Have a reflective day.  Trace

2 comments:

  1. Mere auras. Really cool writing. I really like your style and your writing. Very creative blog place. Love you website for your music, also. Got a fan here. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Bill. Glad to have you visit and write. I love hearing from you guys. To connect and know you've been by for a visit. Appreciate that. Much love, Trace

    ReplyDelete