Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Friday, January 20, 2012

Steppin It Up! A Stare Case For Staircases!

So, this morning I kinda felt like I went back a step this past couple months.  So, I stepped it up and after everyone got off to school and work, I got to work.  I was cleaning up just lil’ and I found an old photograph of my old house on the river (2nd photograph) and another one of part of the staircase (to the left).  Which got me thinking, of course, about stairs, stares and stepping up!  My saying?  Step it up, get a stare. You know? A few stares when you do something different or try hard, or even succeed?  Some glares?  But, keep stepping it up and step up.  Cuz there is One who is with you on the case. The staircase and the starecase.  From the bottom stair to the top stair.  AND!  From the bottom stare to the top stare!  His stare is never a glare. It’s a gentle, but firm loving reminder to keep steppin’ it up.  Even when we take a step back!  What?  It’s happens to us all.  But, keep steppin’ it up!  Don’t be blinded by the glare!  Step up.  Whether it’s a step up on the staircase, a re-step back up on the staircase, steppin’ up to the plate to go to bat for someone else (and bases are loaded), a step up from the gutter, or even from the trenches!  In any case, it’ll most certainly be a “stare”case!  But, still! A step up is a step up. You never know.  One of those stares?  May someday turn into a photo memory that changes someone else’s life.  You remember that old saying, take a picture, it’ll last longer?  Can only hope that a step I take makes a diff like that.  Something lasting and life-changing.  See you on the staircase.  You'll get no stares from me.  Just winks.  Have a fun day!  Step it up!    Trace 

4 comments:

  1. Really love that house, I could sit on that porch all weekend, play the guitar, have conversations with friends and just sit there and take it all in quietly and be with myself in thought. jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sat there many a time with myself and many a time with family and friends. Even made a tape full of songs back then from the side garage that we converted to a studio and called it: Songs From The Green House. Thanks for coming by. I added the photo in there at the bottom. An afterthought of a photo I forgot about.

      Delete
  2. lots of good memories from thay old house

    ReplyDelete