Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Create Magic And Be A Marker! A Sharpie! Now, That's Sharp!

Be brilliant!  Be creative!  Be sharp!  Create magic and be a marker!  A sharpie!  In a child’s life.  Or anyone’s.  Even your own.  Today’s story is about magic markers, children and the magic of creativity.  As I was packing my daughter’s lunch, we were remembering how the blue cobalt kitchen cupboard knobs came about, which you can see in the photos below to the right.  Here’s how they went from plain white to brilliant blue.  About 10 years ago, my daughter was doing some drawing and helping me out in the kitchen when she got this brilliant idea to sharpie the, then white, knobs with cobalt blue. See, everything in our kitchen is cobalt and other shades of blue and green.  So, at first I was thinking “stop”.  But, then, I realized she was just copying me and decorating. And, copying is the highest form of flattery and compliment! And, sometimes, love. And, it really looked pretty.  So, guess what? I don't want to leave you to "draw" your own conclusions, so I will tell.  We sharpied all the rest of the knobs.  It was a sharp idea coming from a child and I so wanted her to be creative and not fear being herself.  I was like that many years, like a lot of us are.  I have some other blogs on that subject, right?  Lots of ‘em.  Anyways, to this day, I re-sharpie them every time they start to fade, which was what I was doing when she walked in the kitchen to get her lunch and saw me.  What a great memory.  Gotta have more of them.  But, for today?  This one’s brilliant!  My daughter says we’re the only family around who Sharpie’s their cupboard knobs, which is amongst a long list of creative ideas just like that.  Our “Only” List. Which we now call: The Sharpie List.  Now, that’s sharp thinking!  Sharpie thinking.  I mean, look at who we want to copy!  God, Himself! He has created great and sharpie things!  Wondrous things and people.  Have a creative day and dare to sharpie!  Open up a window to the soul and let some creativity and life in.  In you! Or, in a child! Or, in anyone!  Brings out the child in us all.  That can be magic!  And can be a marker in a life.  A magic marker!  A Sharpie, indeed!   I thank our Creator God and Father for all creativity.   Yep!  I am His child.  He opens windows to my soul and brings out life.  That is Sharpie!              Trace

2 comments:

  1. Love this story. Its a great reminder to allow our kids to be creative even when it hurts. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate that. Glad you stopped by for a visit. And, I know, right? Ouch!

      Delete