Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Godfatha/God The Fatha Lessons: How Ta Rememba Ubiquitous And Perspicacious! No Sweat! Cacious Want Ta Know!

Well, most of you know how I love words and alliterations and puns and other ways of making writing and memorization fun.  From time to time I find words that I like the sound of them and they stick out and make me think of a Godfatha or New York/Pennsylvania style way of talking.  You know?  Mafia!  Yes, I am from Pennsylvania.  I like to turn those words into a "Godfatha speaks about God The Fatha" lesson. And, yes!  My mind is always traveling.  So, back to the story.  Here's another Memorization/Vocabulary lesson from The Godfatha about God The Fatha.  Today, the Godfatha gives his grand-kid’s memorization tips about the definitions of "ubiquitous" and “perspicacious”.  He tells them, "You's guys can memorize the meaning of ubiquitous dis way. You guys gotta think of it as telling God how much it means ta us dat He is everywhere all da time.You tell Him: You way big wit us, God! You-big-wit-us!  Ubiquitous.  Got it? Okay, now, the udda word perspicacious? In cacious want ta know? It means workin’ up a sweat at undastanding...discerning.  Like, wit God The Fatha.  How I rememba what it means?  The first part perspi?  Well, ya work up a sweat at being keen wit ya thinkin’.  Let ya mind perspire…case yas want ta know something. That's the second half: case ya's.  Cacious!  Perspi-cacious-want to know.  Perspicacious!  Now, ya's know! That's one time we DO sweat it!  PIMP LOL!  Two big words about a big God the Fatha who wants us ta know He is everywhere and wants us ta be keen about seeking Him."   K, thanks Godfatha!  So, find a creative way to learn and teach about Him...about everything.  Cuz he is everything.    Have a fun day.    Trace

1 comment:

  1. I sure love your blog stories. This was a great thing for kids to learn and parents. Love your way with words, music and life. Can tell you must have goine thru a great deal and still do by reading all your stories.

    ReplyDelete