Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Better To Be Just-A Amos Than An Ignore Amos!

When I was a kid, some of the mean kids would call other kids ignoramuses.  So, this is how I would have handled it instead of name calling or being too shy to speak if I knew what I know now.  I would answer with a joke.  So when the kid says, “Hey!  You ignoramus!”  I’d say, “No, I do not ignore Amos.  I always notice him!  In fact, I know all about him.” PIMP LOL. Even today a lot of people throw that word around an use it wrongly.  I’ve even used it on myself once or twice because of my health or thinkin’ I am just a shadow of who I used to be.  If you want to understand what ignoramus is? Noticing that it begins with the word ignore…is a must. You know? Ignore-a-must? Ignoramus.  You have to ignore information about something to be ignorant or an ignoramus.  Be oblivious!  One of my fave words.  It’s more of a “know-nothing” than a “just a”.  I was thinking of Amos in the bible.  Sometimes we think we are a "just-a"!  We are just-a salesman, farmer or housewife.  Or “just-a” portion of the person we used to be.  Amos, from the bible, would be considered a "just-a."  He wasn't a prophet or priest or the son of either.  He was just a shepherd, a small businessman in Judah.  Who would listen to him?  Who would ignore him?  An ignoramus, that’s who!  Because he ignores-amos!  What?  Okay, so, instead of making excuses, Amos obeyed and became God's amazing voice for change.  THAT you cannot ignore.  God has used "just-a's" such as shepherds, carpenters, and fishermen and even a donkey, all through the Bible.  Whatever you are in this life, God can use you.  Amos wasn't much.  He was a "just-a."  "Just-a" servant for God.  Which is much to God.  And, much to those who listen and are impacted.   It is good to be God's "just-a."  Don’t be an ignoramus and don’t ignore Amos.  Don’t be a know-nothing!  Like Shultz in Hogan’s Heroes.  He always said, “I know nothingk” Of course, you just said it in a German accent, right? PIMP LOL.  He was joking, because he did not want to get involved or in trouble.  That’s another side of ignorant.  Sticking our head in the sand like an ostrich does and act like nothing’s goin’ on.  But, when we are purposely ignorant and stick our head in the sand, you know what we show?  Our butt’s.  That’s the other end of ignorant.  Always seek the truth and learn…about things, about God, about each other.  Don’t ignore Amos and you’ll never be an ignoramus!   Makes sense to me to be God's "just-a."  So, I’m “just-a” writer and singer and mama and wife and friend and yes, maybe, my body works “just-a” hair the way it used to, but I don’t want to be ignored and I don’t want to ignore amos’s out there.  I want to learn and know about God and about people and life.  One last note: the original photo was taken by kinski and used my photo editing software to color it!  Thanks, Kinski!  So, go have a fun day and don’t be an ignoramus.  Oh!  And don’t ignore this last thing!  It’s a link to our song about sharing our hearts.  What’s it called?  “Ignore Me”, of course.  But, don’t!  One of my fave songs of our band.  Click Me! I'm a song and cool video called Ignore Me. Don't be an ignoramus. PIMP LOL. Take a chance and listen.       Trace

4 comments:

  1. I can't ignore your blogs. I love them and learn from them and laugh from them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story and very unique writing. Love your artwork on each story, too. Wonderful funky song and video. A treat here each time I stop.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story.You should have been a teacher.donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great tune--great message

    ReplyDelete