Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

ARTICHOKING & THE ART OF CHOKING

"ARTICHOKING & THE ART OF CHOKING!" What? Yes, I am artichoking it today. What is that, you say? Well, it is the art of steaming and eating artichoke leaves. Been awhile. It got me thinking, of course. The 1st time I had an artichoke was with a dear friend, Tracy. Yes, Tracy. There were 3 Tracy’s back then and one Terry and everyone called her Tracy, too. Anyways back to the story. Tracy turned me on to Artichokes. Which are Perennial Thistles. A very healthy and tasty veg. Steaming them and eating the leaves dipped in butter. Mmmm…tastes like a sweet nutty potato. You just steam and eat them slowly so’s not to choke. It’s an art eating artichoke. AND it’s an art not choking on your own words. How? Make them sweet and few. What’s the art of not choking on anyone else’s words? Chew on them more, swallow less. More or less. PIMP LOL. Okay, gotta go eat my artichoke. Try one. And, if you find yourself getting all choked up over something today? Remember, life is an art. Chew on it, swallow less. Don’t choke. Oh! And how to steam an artichoke? Bring about 1/2 inch water to a boil in a pan deep enough to hold the artichoke standing up. Add a teaspoon of salt (the artichoke will just be sitting it in, not submerged). Set artichokes in the salted boiling water, cover the pan, reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer, and cook 20 minutes. Check for done-ness – pull a leaf from close to the center of the leaves. If the leaf comes out easily, the artichokes are done; if not, cook a li’l longer. I just eat the leaves, but the heart is for some. Okay, gotta go now, so I’ll leaf you with my ♥...and some time to chew and swallow my artichoke jokes! PIMP LOL.    Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment