Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Friday, August 31, 2012

Falling for Autumn

“Falling for Autumn!” Call me weird, but today I just had to put on my boots, fingerless gloves and a flannel shirt! Now, the first 2 are the norm for me all year round, but the flannel shirt? Well, let me explain. I lived in Pennsylvania in the mountains until my teens when I moved here to Florida. And, every year during this week, I fall for Autumn. Inside me. I feel it! I feel the leaves changing color and the air turning crisp at night. I know… Weird. But it’s true. I know it’s time for football, beautiful leaves, and all the things I fall for when fall arrives. In my heart and in the weather. A change in the weather, whether it’s inside or outside, always leafs me amazed at God’s handiwork! I stand amazed at all the colors around us and the colors He puts in us. Some of us are very colorful. PIMPLOL. I still keep in touch with my best friend, Pam, in Pennsylvania every Friday night on the phone for hours. She keeps me informed of the weather and there’s a change a ‘comin’… She has sent me leaves many times and snow in a jar. So, did my grandparents. Okay, that’s it. I’ll leaf you with this… It seems both my body and soul remember the early years and the changes. We get trained. Memories and habits, alike. In the good or the bad. Maybe that’s why the bible says to train a child in the way he should go and he might leaf, but, he will def come back. Just like the weather and the colors in us and around us...   Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment