Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Devote To Vote And Gloat! What A Rush!

“DEVOTE TO VOTE AND GLOAT! WHAT A RUSH” What? Well, did we vote? We Shure did. Just look at the photo and see 3 stickers (well, 4 counting the big one) and the affirmation t-shirt! Shure! I say, “Families that have voted together have been devoted together! And, most definitely have gloated together!” PIMP LOL! Right? And, don’t be in a rush about voting and politics, be into Rush. What? Well, we have learned a lot over the years from him and from digging and finding the answers just like he says to do. We do get a rush from Rush. Yes, before you start having a cow, he has made some mistakes. Well, I have, too. What? You haven’t? Wow! That’s admirable. And, most likely not true. PIMP LOL. Oh! And, he has great taste in music, too. Anyways, we ( all 3 of our family) voted yesterday…together. My daughter turned 18 just 2 weeks ago. One of her baby stuffed animals is even named Rush. Yep! True fans. See, for the past several elections I have had to vote by absentee ballot because of illness and surgeries, etc. Tonight, we went to our local precinct to vote with my daughter who turned 18 just 2 weeks ago. Wow! Milestones for me. Milestones for Garnet Rose. For all of us. In the past, I've had times where I felt like I was being forced to fill out an absentee ballot both for voting AND for life. Like I didn’t have a vote in either. Like I was absent or in my own little world while life was being voted on around me. But, I knew I really did have a vote and I still do. Things just take time and devotion and patience. Life is a process. Don’t be absent from it. Have a fun night. Spend some time with family. Be devoted and you’ll get their vote every time. Well, most of the time, anyways! PIMP LOL. Oh! And, It's okay to gloat about them, too. Please do! I love it. I mean, they love it! Here’s my poem to remember tonight:


I have noted in my heart
This devoted night
We voted right
And, we gloated with might
Yes, I wrote ed in my heart

Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment