Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

RESISTANCE IS NOT ALWAYS FUTILE!

“RESISTANCE IS NOT ALWAYS FUTILE!” What? Well, we all are familiar with that line, right? Yep! Saw a minute of an old Star Trek Borg show and that's all it took to get me thinking. 'bout what? Well, about resistance and how some things in life are so so hard to resist. We all have them. Then, I got to thinking of resistance training/exercise. Which I like to do. And, I know some who try to do resistance training exercises. It’s just they get lost somewhere on the path of least resistance. PIMP LOL. Really, though, I do like resistance training. It’s easy to incorporate into your daily life without setting a separate whole time around it. Or, having to pay money, or needing special clothes or anything. What is it? Well, I am no expert, believe me! But, technically, its strength training that uses a resistance to the force of muscular contraction. Some use elastic or weights and even our own body weight! Yep! We have built-in exercise machines. Pretty cool, huh? God did make us complex and curious creatures. That’s where the resistance comes in, right? PIMP LOL. Anyways, about some of the exercises, for instance I can do pushoffs and work out my arms any time I am around the kitchen counter or bathroom counter, which is often. I let my body weight be the force that I push off. There are all kinds of exercises you can do without equipment and around the house. I do like hand weights sometimes. But, your own weight is enough. You can help your back with the Leg Abduction or Plank which is all toes and elbows! I like the arm exercise I name “Counter-Resistance”. Because I use the counter and resistance! This is one case where resistance is not futile! Or is it? PIMP LOL. Okay, resistance trainers, here's another easy and fun exercise I came across today.  When taking wet towels from the washer to the dryer, just grab a wet towel and twist it and grab the other end.  Snap away.  Preferably at someone's butt.  Your arms will def feel the workout and so will their butts. PIMP LOL.  Have a fun day. Resistance training can be a snap! So, whether in life, or exercise, resistance def is not futile. Better not to take the path of least resistance. Because life is a workout. Gotta work it out! Who better to go to than the One who made us! Me? I can't resist that!!!     Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment