Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Phantom Power & Ghosts Of A Chance, for Shure!

Now, this is the way to a girl’s heart. A Vase of Cord, a vase of a SM86 Shure Mic and a box of Phantom Power. Who needs rich smooth candy and a bouquet flowers when you can get rich smooth sound and a bouquet of beautiful music. I Shure don’t. So thankful for this surprise gift. Here’s the story behind this photo and saying. 

“Phantom Power & Ghosts Of A Chance, for Shure”! What? Well, I have to say that I’m not one to have 4 or 5 of something, even when I had lots of money. I like my one computer, 1 or 2 fave jeans, fave boots, etc. I learned a long time ago that you don’t use the anything very much if you have everything. If I have too much in my closet, I can’t see what to wear. I learned when I was sick to minimalize and get rid of things to make it easier to get my affairs in order for them. I mean, how many kettles can you cook with at once, or how many purses can you use? I know… I’m supposed to love having lots. And, I do love having things. Just not as many. Guess that’s what I’m used to. I’ve had to learn to be cointents with the contents of my life and my body. So, back to the story f If I can’t or am not using it, I like someone else to enjoy it. So, I had a laptop that I fixed and set up. Really nice one. Just waiting for the right person. Well, a good friend of ours was coming up from the Keys and was having a birthday and single and alone. He needed one so bad to connect, so I gave him mine. He is one of our biggest fans and is an awesome drummer. He is such an encourager that I knew if he had a laptop he could be lifting us up when he wasn’t here in person. So, see we get something in return! He says we are stoic in a good way about the way our lives have been the past several years and how we handle problems. Yes, I guess we are stuck in stoic, sometimes. Some of the stuff we’ve been through, you have to be stoic to be heroic. PIMP LOL. Again, God is our strength. Anyways, I didn’t realize we were going to get more in return. He surprised is with these gifts in the mail a few days later. a Shure SM86 Condenser Mic with Phantom Power Box and some other goodies. Whoa! Been a long time since we got any equipment. No complaints. We make do and do our best. I still love my old mic. You’d be surprised what you can get out of some things when that’s all you have and you give it all you got and more. He said he had been looking thru what we use and make do with musically, etc., in life, and wanted to help. He said that he felt like he had a Kool-aide stand across from a big desert and could see us off in the distance. So, he brought the Koolaide stand to us. And, took the 10 cent sign down and marked FREE. I’m off to read all about this stuff. Or, give it a workout is the better answer. With the Phantom Power, I may have a ghost of a chance at finishing this new song and our new album in style, Shurely. You guys all know where our power comes from… Shurely… Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment