Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Friday, August 31, 2012

WRITING IS AN ART, BUT HANDWRITING IS A LOST ART, RIGHT?

"WRITING IS AN ART, BUT HANDWRITING IS A LOST ART, RIGHT?" what? Well, here I am thinking before I write my next story... Gotta get it write and right! Right? Write. Actually, I usually go into a typing frenzy when a story come to my mind and heart. My hands can keep up with my crazy mind and it all happens so fast in about an hour. When typing, that is. When I am away from my computer and get an idea, like when I'm sleeping or at the store or church or anywhere, I have to write so fast that I have developed my own type of short hand. I still have to find an interpreter. PIMP LOL. Doesn't look like the shorthand I learned in school. I have these little stories in my crazy writing language all over the place, but mostly I type them. They come quick and my fingers can type faster than I can write. I still like to write notes to people or cards. While writing is an art and we use the typewriter quite often, hand writing is a lost art in this day and age. Take time to write something today. You'll feel write about it... I mean, right. Was just thinking how glad I am that people took time to write so many years ago so we have our bible! And, so many other historical books...handwritten. I must take time to write more. I mean, hand-write. Its a lost art, for me, too. And, you know what? That kinda goes for the email and texting thing, too. I don't text, for real! But, email and messaging and FB, I do. How 'bout calling someone? A phone call? Yep! Another lost art!   Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment