Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cell Phones (my first and my daughter's first)

So, it was after 11:00 last night, and I am better, but still swirling with these sinuses!  So, I just sat down and was relaxing on the couch.  Our phone rings and we only have a home phone.  But, my daughter got a cell phone for Christmas this year from her Aunt and Uncle…the first one in our family.  So, back to my story, my home phone rings and I can see the number on the TV in my mind and I see it’s my daughter’s cell phone.  Not thinking, I get up…it doesn’t register because that concept of a cell phone in our family is still very new.  I go to the other room, pick it up, say hello and get an ear full of laughing…hilarious devious laughing.  She wanted to see if I would call out since she is just in the next room, and say very funny Garnet Rose, now go to sleep.  Or not think and get up.  What do you think?  Duh!  I got up.  My excuse?  I am very sick and dizzy!!! PIMP LOL…  The next 2 paragraphs are the two short stories of our first experiences with her new cell phone…which, by the way, is an old number regiven out by AT&T, which was supposed to be fixed and changed to Wireless Caller.  There sure are a lot of folks called Wireless Caller.  Popular name!  So her cell name says Louis somebody!!  So, that’s a good excuse…  Who in the world is this Louis calling at 11:00 at night, right?  By the time I got to the phone I realized it, but answered it anyway!!  PIMP LOL...  Oh, and the photo with this blog post?  It's my first cell phone.  You'll find the story to that...as you read on.

The first story of my daughter’s new cell phone was the day after she got it for Christmas:  ‎1st chance to use the cell phone in an emergency.  Our PT Cruiser tire partially split this morning before leaving to exchange the new cell phone because the keyboard kept sticking.  So, before exchanging the phone, they carefully drove to get a new tire.  I told them they had to call me to let me know they made it to the tire place.  How cool  Excitement over using the new cell phone? Priceless.  Excitement over using my kids Christmas money until our next payday? $93 worth! But, interestingly interest-free! PIMP LOL

The second story on her new phone was New Year's Eve:  Called my girl on her 1st cell phone (an LG) to say Happy New year!  Very cool for me.  That call?  Priceless!  The call I got at 2:35a.m., which lasted until 30 minutes later?  Pricemess.  The LG called TG (me) with 4G…accidentG!  She was having fun at a lock-in and didn’t realize the lock wasn’t on!  We’re just learning about these cell phones.  She didn’t even know she called me. It was an “in the pocket” call…between LG & TG…coverage by AT&T!   PIMP LOL… Make your day & year?  In the pocket! 

I can say that here it is…3 weeks later….and no more mishaps or minutes used accidentally…although, the touch screen does have to be cleaned so much.  It’s touchy like that!  We have used it 3 times in an emergency without having to ask someone else…yay!  And, a ton of texting…glad it’s unlimited, or it could get taxing…that texting.  TNT LOL. 

Have a fun day.  The photo on this top of this post?  It is my first cell phone.  Why?  Because it actually got struck during a tornado cell that  hit at our previous house on the river.  Came right through the phone wires and burnt up the wall and the inside of the phone.  For real!  It was my first “cell" phone!  PIMP TNT LOL    Have a fun day!  “Cell”abrate life today!  And the last photo here at the end of this post?  It's me "text"uring.  That's what we do when we have no text money left on our cell phones, right?  PIMP LOL...gotta be creative.  Get it?  Text u ring...  Okay!  Forget it.  But, really...every time I hear the ring of "Crazy Train", I know she is getting a text and I'm? Well, I'm just getting crazier.  I think I even started singing it.     Trace

1 comment:

  1. TMI on the LG via AT&T. My girl’s cell has a strange name for caller ID. Called to have it changed 4 times, but OMG! Wires must be crossed between AT&T & some other country. Phone supervisor reads to me, “get your landline provider to make the right name come up”! What? Come on! Who thinks this stuff up to put in the book for all outsourced phone reps to read off to us? I’m thinkin’ someone with not enough TMI!

    ReplyDelete