Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Friday, January 21, 2011

Sweet 16 Parties, Inspiration And The Sweet Truth About Character

So, birthdays at 16, inspiration and the truth about character all have something in common.  The're all sweet!!  And here's I came to that conclusion and those three subjects at this late hour.  Tonight, I went with my family to a Sweet 16 party for Lydia, a dear, lovely young lady who is an inspiration to me as a singer and individual. Just being invited and going was such an honor to me.  So much that having a blast was an added perk and joy.  I love to talk with her and I love her heart and her freedom and her honesty…a sweet girl with character.  It was wonderful to be part of her Sweet 16 and actually be able to enjoy it a bit because I am still pretty sick and dizzy.  And, by the way?  Why DO they say “pretty sick”?  It should be “ugly sick” right?  I mean who is pretty sick?  Sick isn’t a pretty thing.  Pretty sick is an oxymoron.  Which reminds me of another comment tonight.  Someone was speaking of a rich young man who sings and has such a girl’s voice that it hurts and he said the following while referring to his voice…”awww, that poor boy with the million dollar bank account”.  What?  Another oxymoron?   Okay, back to more of the Sweet  evening.  Another young man, very unexpectedly, came up to me and was graciously expressing to me how our music and videos have inspired him…and all the while tears of joy are raining inside me…he had no idea how much he was so used by God tonight to inspire us.  Why?  Well, let’s just say that we all need sweet inspiration…so glad he took time to so freely give his sweet words to the ears of my heart!  Ears of the heart?  What? An oxymoron you ask?  No!  The heart has the capacity to use all the senses…the heart can feel and hear and smell and see and, well, you get it!  Sweet!!  And, finally, another young friend asked me tonight if I would be a character reference for them because I am honest!  Easy answer!  Go right ahead and use me as a reference.  Everyone else refers to me as a character.  Being a character comes easy for me!  Honestly!  What?  It does.  I'm quite a character...PIMP LOL!  Well, to be truthful?  It’s a privilege and pleasure to be a character with character!  It really is!  No matter what character we are playing in all of our roles in life?  We should be a character with character!  You can still have humor with honor and still be a character with courage!  No oxymorons there.  Just the truth!  Sweet!!!  So, wonderful Sweet 16 party!  Who knew I was going to get so many gifts tonight, too?  He did!  Sweet!!!  Oh, and did I mention?  I got to dance!  Sweet!  Good night and sweet dreams!  Oh, and two more things?  I got an another unexpected gift before we left the party...a box of lovely clothes from a sweet lady.  And lastly, the photo at the beginning is how my heart and soul felt from all the inspiration...beaming!   Sweet inspiration is healing like music and humor...hope at it's best!   Just a little side note I added:  Today is Sunday and I thought this would be perfect to add to this post.  Today Pastor Erick spoke on...  You guess?  What else?  You guessed it!  INspiration!  The fact that I wrote this Friday and he spoke Saturday night and today on the same thing?  Well, that spoke to me!  That, in itself inspired me!  Just for us to be on the same wavelength.  Cool!   If you think about the word inspire?  The word spire it to raise to a high point or the summit...to rise or extend to the highest point.  And, well, the word "in"?  Well, we all know what that means.  So, we are inspired when that word or deed or unexplained God moment (epiphany) made such a high and sharp point in our life that it went into our very heart and soul.  Cut right through!!  Get the point? TNT LOL...  INspire today!  Thank you, Lydia, for inspiring so many of us, and for parents who brought her up...uprightly!  Happy 16th Birthday!  Sweet!    Trace

1 comment:

  1. wow !!what a blodg, glad you got to go , glad you had a good time
    love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete