Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Spokes"person For Wheels, Clothespins, Cards And Song Capsules

This past couple years have been going by so fast.  That's what I was thinking when I heard this old song I had  in my album collection and burned to the computer.  I am the "spokes"person for the song "The wheels of life keep turning so much faster...". PIMP LOL... We all feel like that, sometimes, right?  Right?  Seriously, though? That song is off the "Brother To Brother" album by Gino Vannelli.  Excellent! Speaking from one "Spokes" Sister to Brother or Sister to Sister about "Brother To Brother"?  Extremely cool, that is. Oh, brother! You get it!  Speaking of the wheels of life…I remember as a kid, putting playing cards on my bicycle spokes with clothespins to get a cool sound.  Did you ever do that?  Or balloons?   Or other creative noise making!  That was just before moving into Mini Enduros and race cars, that is.  My, the wheels in my head are turning round and round now and some memories flood in.  Seeing a lot of myself spinning my wheels and up on two wheels sort of pictures in my head.  Whew!  I used to love to race around Merritt Island, or anywhere.  Had a '69 Camaro and some trucks.  Enjoyed that freedom in driving around and singing.  It was my first sound room.  My place to sing freely!  That’s what I love about music…God made music so that it mysteriously absorbs and captures in a “song capsule” everything we are doing and thinking and smelling and seeing and feeling at that time.  All our senses… including the 7th one, nonsense, are included in that memory of the song.  How cool. If you get a chance check out this album.  It is quite a few years back, but worth the look and listen, without a doubt.  Speaking of wheels?  I am going to burn some rubber and get out of here and get some more music recorded.  Almost have our new jazzy/bluesy weddings song finished and I need some rest.  I sure don’t want to be the “spokes”person for sickness again this week.  Good night!  Oh, and one last comment?  My thoughts a couple mornings after I wrote this:   News Flash: We interrupt your life this morning for this special announcement from the “spokes”person of “the wheels of life keep turning so much faster”. Feeling “tire”d or "chain"ed and want to get a "handle" on the bars of life? Shift gears and go with the flow, get a tandem bike, or get off your bike and walk! Just don’t quit! Finish the race.   Trace

My First Sound Round...

1 comment:

  1. News Flash: We interrupt your life this morning for this special announcement from the “spokes”person of “the wheels of life keep turning so much faster”. Feeling “tire”d or "chain"ed and want to get a "handle" on the bars of life? Shift gears and go with the flow, get a tandem bike, or get off your bike and walk! Just don’t quit! Finish the race.

    ReplyDelete