Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Monday, January 24, 2011

Hip To The Hype: Football, Life And Sasquatch

Hip to all the hype?  You bet! I love watching all the hype and stories before a football game… college or NFL.  I love getting to know the players and what they’re all about and how they play the game of football and life.  I like to know all the trivia about the game and all the rules and names of the players and coaches…everything.  Even the crazy stats and trivia questions.  It really makes the game so much more than football!  Just like in life  When we learn more about the players and the coaches and the rules and how it’s done?  We live it and love it more!  My rule book?  The bible.  My penalty guide?  Experience and those around me.  Iron sharpens iron.  My team?  Well, there’s a family team, friends team, work, church, the whole family of God, and on and on.  We all have coaches who lead us and inspire us.  We are even coaches to our children and maybe even at work or church.  We are all players on a team of some sort.  Get to know all the details and hype!  Get to know the players…so you won’t have any personal fouls!  Makes the experience?  Quite an experience!  One thing?  I know why they have the call about “Excessive Celebration” on the field.  But, go ahead and celebrate excessively on the field of life.  I don’t think you will lose any ground for that!!   And the only whistle you’ll hear being blown?  Is mine!  I have the loudest football whistle on the planet…the two finger whistle.  Oh, and my favorite part of yesterday's games?  Yep!  You guessed it!  The Sasquatch commercial about Beef Jerky!    The two mean guys in the Beef Jerky commercial who teased him to come over and lick the cold metal pole?  And he whacked them with the pole?  Funny.  I’m not sure why…but, I laughed so hard.  I mean, we all know the rule book for sticking your tongue on an icy metal pole…right?  To me, commercials during football are kind of like humor breaks during life.  You gotta have them.  And the background music at the games?  I hear it in my life…always.   You know?  When something great happens like a touchdown, you hear “Play That Funky Music” by the band or “Crazy Train” when things are crazy.  Now, me?  I hear all kinds of different songs when things happen in my life.  There’s always music.  Gotta have that, too.  So! Know the rules, know the players…stay on the field.  You can’t play the game if you’re not on the playing field and in the game.  You can be a spectator or a fan in someone else’s life…you know?  Be present at their games...out there in the stand cheering them on.  But, you have to be on the field in your own life game.  In football, you have to stay within the boundaries.  Don't be drawn off sides.   But, in life?  We don’t know our limits until we step out side of them into the unlimited…  Then we know…  And each time?  The boundaries move.    Now, get out there!   You can run or pass…you may even get tackled or sacked once in awhile.  Don't be drawn off sides by the temptations and trials around you.  But, if you are...  Get up…brush yourself off, fix your jersey and keep playing!!!  

For my last thoughts on this, I have a small thing I wrote for Facebook once after hearing Dr. Lou speak.  I love Dr. Lou and his pep talks.  I heard him speak awhile back on teams and their positions during rough periods or quarters, and I got to thinking myself.  Everywhere we are in life...we are teams...and all have to deal with rough times.  Whether it's work or school or home or church?  We are all part of a team or a family...and the bigger family?  God's!  Football has a lot of Godly people involved and the game itself has a lot of life analogies.  When things are rough and tough...what's your position?  Do you cop out, drop out, hold out, or go all out?  I'll go even one more and say fall out!  There is always fallout no matter which you choose.  But, I would rather get fallout from anyone for going all out, than fallout from God or myself for holding out, dropping out, or copping out.  God calls us to go all out...especially when there is fallout!  TNT LOL...  No, I gotta go out...and go ALL OUT!  Thanks for being part of my family here at Trace's Place.  Oh, and my photos?  Well, you can click on the football photo to see that I used a bandanna type font.  Fitting for football playing.  I used to keep a bandanna tied around my head just like that font.  And, yes!  I used to play football and baseball!  Check it out...like the words say: Get hip to the hype...play the game!  And the other one?  Well that's Sasquatch playing OUR game...music!!!  Have a fun day playing your game...whatever it is.  Give it all you got.  Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment