Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Coins, Stars And Change! They all shed light!

I’m a star. Well, a Coin Star! And, I know where they got that name! Cuz, anyone who uses the Coinstar machines in the grocery stores (right up front) is forever known as a “Coin Star”.  In fact, I think you get a photo hung on the wall if you get more than $100!  You know the machines, right?  The Coinstar machines? The ones    where you bring your change jar or bag, pour it and it slowly and very loudly counts and gives you a voucher for the unembarrassing kind of cash!  It’s so loud you may as well forget hiding the bag or jar. And, just forget the disguise of a floppy hat and sunglasses.  Your kids will never speak to you again if you make them come. You might as well walk in with bells on your toes, or boots, in my case.  Well, that's most people.  Me?  I’m not embarrassed at all, really.  In fact, I have a special coinstar outfit I wear whenever our jar gets full or our wallets get empty.  And, my jar?  It’s clear.  I don’t mind everyone seeing right through!  I’m clear on that. Guess I’m pretty transparent.  But, I guess you already saw through me!  I mean, the lady in front of me, what did she think everyone thought was in her giant jar that was “hidden” in her giant bag that just seemed to make this rich jingly jangly sound every time she moved? PIMP LOL. When things get ajar, you need change. The cash kind, sometimes. My jar? Represents my jar of change AND my jar of change. My change for when things are ajar in life!  We can all use change. And, change.  Sometimes, even a li'l change can be enough to change your day.  Coin change and life change.  Oh!  To coin my phrase: "If your change is ajar, exchange it; and, if your life is ajar, change it!"  Have a fun night. You are a star.  Me? Just a Coin Star.  But, I rock it! I mean, yes, a star is shiny and cool and all. But, it is there to shed light and guide the way.  Least, that’s what I wanna do. Shine, shed, shimmer and show...the Way!  Remember, "If your change is ajar, exchange it; and, if your life is ajar, change it!"  God's exchange rates are out of this world!   Oh!  And, my song for today? “You Are My Shining Star” by "The Manhattans"! Such a great song.     Trace   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxRpzcQcI6w 

No comments:

Post a Comment