Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shake Your Doormat! You Might Find An A-poof-fanny Epiphany!


Ever felt like a doormat that needs the dust shaken off it? Everyone feels like that sometimes, right? Like you’re getting walked all over? You and everything you've ever done?   Muddied up and no one can read the writing on the um… doormat? “Welcome All Feets To Walk All Over My Feats”! That is what my doormat says! But, no worries! I’m on my toes. I’ll get over it and realize that brushoff? Is just what I needed to see that there are 2 sides to every doormat. When you’re at the threshold? Walk on! Of course, after you wipe your feet. And, remember. All those feats you have accomplished? Were with His power and gifts from Him. He walks with me. That's the writing on the wall...I mean, doormat. Have a good day all you guys. You're welcome at my threshold any day! I was thinking that we should wash the feet that walk on us, right? Then we won't get so dirty if it happens again. Just kidding! PIMP LOL. Washing feet is what Jesus did. So, after all this thinking about being a doormat? I had an epiphany! An epiphany AND a-poof-fanny. So, I came to a realization and right at that exact moment, I heard the heavenly choir going “ahhhhhhhhh” in vibratic unison. You know what I mean? A sudden insight into the simple but striking? Here is it: I’m going in circles. Wow! Yep! That was it! I repeat. I’m going in circles. Doesn’t sound like something that would be hard to figure out, but it was a big circle! PIMP LOL. So, I’m gonna get my butt out of this rut. You know? A poof for my fanny! Epiphanies are like magic. Poof! Suddenly something you know has always been there waiting for you to find it out. My butt is gone and out of this rut? That’s called a-poof-fanny! PIMP LOL. Now for the rest of me… Poof! I'm gone! Have yourself a-poof-fanny epiphany! Pronounced “apoofanee epifanee”! Stop going in circles. Take a break. With God... A break and time with God will help us suddenly realize something that's always been there, but not evident. Something simple, but so striking at the moment it hits. All of the sudden God makes it clear or we make ourselves take time to hear Him and like...umm..."poof"!!! It sinks in and we get our butts in gear and act on the epiphany a-poof-fanny! As I said, that’s called a-poof-fanny! Now for the rest of me… Poof! I'm gone! Have yourself a-poof-fanny epiphany! Sometimes, you have to feel like a doormat to have a-poof-fanny. What? And, wash the feet that walk on you. What? Least they'll be clean if there's a next time. PIMP LOL TNT. Now, shake out that doormat! Poof! Epiphanies show up in the strangest places. Even amongst the dirt.  Last thing?  God knows our feets, our feats and our hearts! Poof! Nothing magic about that. That's the good news, the bad news and The Good News! Have a good day. Shake things up! God knows our hearts...  He knows when we've been shaken up! Trace

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Trace,
    Yea I felt that way about the lay off at work.
    Just couldnt kiss up to the right people I guess. Not my style. God Bless. He knows whos who out there. Of that I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing back on my stories. Have a great day. Just finished some extra touches on the blog. Trace

    ReplyDelete