Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WOODY’S! CLASSICALLY DRIVEN! Don't knock it!

“WOODY’S! CLASSICALLY DRIVEN!” “Woody Cars With Grills & Woody's Bar With Grill. What? Well, a dear friend of ours, Ronnie B (drummer extraordinaire), came up last night from the keys to visit this week. Now, we were wore out, it was late, I was sick, no make-up and in my PJ’s, but he is such a nice guy and story teller that we always say yes because we know it will be an amazing time! He is single and enjoys home home-cooked meals and time with friends. His Mom and Dad are gone and no siblings. Just plain old hospitality is all we serve at our house, but he loves coming over. And, when he leaves, we are always filled with it ourselves. He has that way of making you feel so encouraged and so loved. I just said all that to make a point about when you open your home and share food and time and comforts, you end up being taken care of , too. So, anyways, back to the story. He knows a lot of true music and history stories so we always learn and share our own stories, as he is also a great listener. We watched a Whitesnake video and I loved listening to all of Sam’s and his music stories of their younger days. Both such talented guys. And, their mates. We also were talking old concerts and cars. I was telling one of my early surfing stories of when I first moved to Florida and all the concerts I went to. Was a big cultural shock coming here from the mountains. One of the guys had a cool old Woody station wagon I loved! I’ll never forget he took a bunch of us to a Beach Boys concert in it, but across the street was Chaka Kahn in concert. Well, this (meaning me) 15 year old with a mind of her own walked across by herself and saw her! There’s a lot more to that story and many others we told all night but, I will just say that I later, in my life, got a replica 1945 Ford Woody. So, right then during my story, he yanked out a shirt he brought for us from a place he played a lot in the keys Placed call Woody’s. It even had a woody car on it. Funny and true! Our brother, Luke, plays down there, too. Needless to say, by 1:30, when I got into bed, I had a crazy classic dream. In my dream we were all in my miniature Woody car with a grill, pulling up to Woody’s Bar and Grill! To jam with all these famous people from the past. When it was over, guess where we all lived? In my car! Yep! Knock on wood! Right? It was just a dream, but knock on wood again. Oh! And, when I told someone at the jam session to stop by, what do you think I said to them? Stop by anytime. Just knock knock knock… on wood! Only I was singing it! You know the song!! Or…umm…I think I was singing “knock knock knock…on woody?” PIMP LOL. Yep. Crazy dream. Now, have a classically driven day, woody-a! Spend some time with friends and family sharing life. Even if you don’t feel like it or things just aren’t right around the house or you think you look bad or you don’t feel as good you want to, go ahead! Open the door and let ‘em in, woodya? And, after all? Hospitality comes from the word hospital. So, take great care of your guests. Serve up your spoons of food with a spoonful of hospitality. It’s the medicine that helps everything go down! Serve up a plate of your time and give them the best seat in the house. Hospitality and wood? Don't knock it!     Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment